Verification Before Publishing Threads On Technical Reports

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by apophis55, May 30, 2021.

1. apophis55

apophis55 Active Member

Please implement a way to verify threads on technical reports.

I am fed up with it being spammed by things that are user error or people being discontent with how the game actually works.

I thank DTG staff in advance to take swift and appropriate steps to improve the forum workings

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Or things which are just gripes???

A lot of the time where people post "I can't get this to work" you're right it's not a bug or glitch, but then those people may get help and then get better at playing the game, so in the end they benefit

• Like Like x 1
  3. apophis55

apophis55 Active Member

Introduce a 'help section' then, dtg can move it accordingly then. 'Help' or 'Technical'.

Problem is, most people don't think. They don't bother doing tutorials or think on what they may have done wrong.

They come in here, spam up the forum, throwing a tantrum, blaming the game. While it's user incompetence.

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Let me just add - I would prefer, rather than spending time on verification, DTG could invest this time in documentation (which would answer some tough questions) :)

5. ARuscoe

What do you think the technical issue section of this forum is?
    This site isn't a direct line to DTG, that's the support section https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/
    So I think you've got the idea a bit back to front. The forum is for people to discuss the game and what they want from it, that DTG get involved is an addition rather than the whole point

6. apophis55

apophis55 Active Member

People who spam up the forum also won't bother with reading documents.

We need a filter. The forum is becoming disfunctional and toxic due to these individuals

7. ARuscoe

Not everyone reads the documentation, and given the post I believe the OP is referring to, the scenario in question does explain what to do, but doesn't correct you if you click something TWICE

8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

After all, I would prefer it to be the proportion suggested by me.