Very Limited Custom Items Being Used Since Recent Custom Livery Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WaveyDavey, Mar 19, 2021.

1. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Anyone else noticed there is still possibly an issue with custom liveries in timetable mode?

Before all the recent issues on SPG I would see a limit of 5 custom items in use. For example a manifest train would contain maybe two or three box cars as well as maybe a grain car or sometimes tanker car etc..... A train of grain cars would contain one or two custom versions as well as the default car etc......

Since the supposed fix to the recent problems I am now getting no more than a single custom livery in any manifest trains..... Usually a single custom box car design if anything at all (I've had a couple of instances where no custom liveries have been used in manifest trains at all) and in grain trains only the default car with no custom items at all.

In UK routes I have a couple of custom JNA wagons and have yet to see them used at all by the game since these recent updates.

Is this happening for others too as there really seems to be something that has been changed in the recent updates that is severely limiting the custom items being used in the game.... To be honest most of the time now you might as well just have default stock installed there's such a small chance of your custom liveries being seen in game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And the ongoing issue, present from the beginning, that individual cars will spawn in alt-liveries, but EMUs/DMUs never, ever do. In other words, a repainted ICE is pretty much useless, since that livery will only ever appear if chosen as the train you're driving (and therefore can't see).

3. WaveyDavey

I get the custom liveried 375s I have spawning as AI in SEHS all the time but don't drive much German stuff.... Maybe just something affecting German routes?

• Like Like x 1
  4. solicitr

How many cars is a 375? It could be an 8-car ICE breaks the limit

5. WaveyDavey

375s are 4 car units but i have seen mixed 8 car trains with either two customs or one custom one default.

• Like Like x 1
  6. solicitr

Hmm. But then, that amounts to 4 custom cars, just repeated in the case of an 8-car. I suspect that there is a session cap of, say, 6 individual custom car liveries, although there can be any number of duplicates. An ICE-3 would be 7 (the second cab car is actually a clone).

I'll have to try the HMA 423 (4 cars) and see what happens.

7. WaveyDavey

No i mean two different custom 4 car sets coupled together to make an 8 car set made up of two different custom liveries.

8. solicitr

Must be something about the German routes. I just made a custom hi-vis 423 (in tennis ball colors, fluorescent pink and day-glo green), and hung out at Hackerbrucke and then at Pasing for a long time - every darn train was Verkehrsrot.

9. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Yep, probably a German route issue. I had a 12-coach AI 395 spawn in two different custom liveries, and an 8-car 377 on ECW spawn in a custom livery and the regular livery.