Vicenza - Venezia Santa Lucia Route Suggestion!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jack travers, Jul 25, 2022.

1. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Today I am requesting the decently long route from The beautiful canal city of Venezia(Venice) to Vicenza In Italy!

Let’s get started with Information!
    Italy is a massive and beautiful country arguably one of the best countries in the world in terms of government, Food, Natural beauty and Weather but let’s not get into the Politics anyways this route is 63km (39miles) long And runs with Conventional rail for Slow lines and Highspeed lines for well … Highspeed. Fast trains take about 45 mins each way with Regional rail taking 20-30 mins longer… This Line has a max speed of 300km/h (186mph) which Would be our Second Real High speed route (If the speed is 300km/h and faster i count it as real high speed). I really like this route as it takes the normal Italian land tracks onto The Islands of Venice and Since I have experienced it before I will admit it is a very beautiful city but enough of my Italy rant. Let’s get into Operators and Rolling Stock… I think

Operators: For this route we will have 3 operators and they are
    1. Tren Italia Regio :
    This our first operator which will be taking over the Regional Services from Venezia to
    Vicenza, Verona, Treviso, Udine and way more This operatore will have one train

2. Frecciarossa:
    Second is Frecciarossa which is the lead Operator in Italy along with Italo and It runs highspeed services throughout the full country of Italy and recently started taking over the TGV routes from Paris to Milan
    This operator will have 1 train + a DLC

3. EuroCity :
    Finally we have number three This will be the last operator on this line that will be running services to Munich in Germany which could possibly give us AI HMA layers that we can’t drive since it goes straight to Munich Ost. This operator will have 1 train

Rolling Stock:
    1. Regio
    Now before we start I’m not 100% what train runs on this line but since I have seen this train at Venice Mestre before I will include it .
    We have the Jazz treno for services. The ETR 425 was built by Alstom in 2014 and has a max speed of 160kmh/h (99mph) and will operate services to Treviso, Udine, Verona and more ![​IMG]

2. Next we have the “Frecciarossa” ETR1000. This is the Is the Italian flagship Train ever since it took over the ETR500 This is made by Hitachi and Bombardier in Italy! and it’s max speed is 400km/h (249mph) but can only be reached on specific rail and overhead electric. It is famous for its beautiful Red livery, it’s Executive, Business and premium class [​IMG]

3. Next we have Eurocity and this Operator will be using the ÖBB Taurus sprinter Locomotive that will be hauling the EC85/82 Route Between Munich HBF and Venezia Santa Lucia built by Siemens in Krefeld Germany and it has a max speed of 230km/h (140mph) [​IMG]

4. Lastly we have the DLC Train which will be the ETR500 Frecciarossa Train built by AnsaldoBreda (Italian Hitachi) in around 1992 It has a max speed of 360km/h (224mph) and Was the flagship before The ETR1000[​IMG]

Stations: from Vicenza
    1. Vicenza
    2. Lerino
    3. Grisignano di Zocco
    4. Mestrino
    5. Padova
    6. Busa di Vigonza
    7. Vigonza - Pianigi
    8. Miro-Mirano
    9. Venice Mestre
    10. Venezia Porto Marghera
    11. Stazione di Venezia

Not many stations on the line which is too bad + I forgot to mention that Between Vicenza - Padova the High speed trains Share the tracks with the regio then after Padova it’s gets it’s own tracks to go high speed

Summary:
    This is the end of the Suggestion and I want to ask you guys if for TSW3 Instead of the Usual Two European and 1 American route we get If we got 1 Asian route (from china, japan, south korea or something) 1 American route and 1 European route would you accept this to be the base route for TSW3 instead of the Hull trains route I requested?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It would be great to have italian routes once they've obtained the license for it. But I'll always support dlcs in other countries/regions, etc.

Now in terms of a triple dlc bundle, I think they'll most likely do the usual german, us and uk route since most of the demand is there. If they do like a deluxe bundle for example which includes 4 routes and more expensive, this could be the 4th route.

Also remember that new country means having to create new assets, new signalling, new safety systems which take time and dtg are reluctant to expand beyond the big 3. Not saying they won't but it's possible a third party might end up creating this route

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  3. jack travers

Yeah that’s true but I hope we could have a chance to use ETCS

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Wrong version since it's the ÖBB Baureihe 1116 1016 correct version here is ÖBB Baureihe 1216 because it needs 1.45m Copper strip Pantographs for Italian 3kv DC 25kv AC wires Also compatible for French 25kv wires standard is 1.95m Pantographs carbon strip.

5. jack travers

Thanks for the correction I wasn’t too sure of the correct version due to how many there are. Thanks anyway

6. geotsr#2401

geotsr#2401 New Member

Since I am an Italian person, I think that an Italian route would be good to add in TSW2. About of trains, they could add the E464 with Vivalto regional coaches (double-decker coaches) or the new train ETR421/521/621 "Rock"

• Like Like x 2
  7. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

I think the question of what people have said they want is more interesting than that one-dimensional and exclusive assumption:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...d-start-looking-abroad-for-new-content.45470/
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/what-new-country-you-want-to-see-next-in-tsw2.35453/

On topic: yes, Italian locations and rolling stock are nice, and a new country is needed to take this sim out of stagnation and make it much more attractive globally.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022