Victoria Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by trainsUK, Sep 23, 2022.

1. trainsUK

trainsUK Member

Today I am suggesting London Underground Victoria Line

HISTORY

The Victoria line was fully complete in 1972 after it had first opened what was available in 1968 . It was the world’s first railway operated by ATO ( Automatic Train Operation ) and London Underground’s first new line in over 50 years

ROUTE LENGTH

The route is 13 miles long including the depot .

ATO

This line is operated by ATO (automatic train operation) but this can be turned off for a more engaging experience

STATIONS

The route is made up of 16 stations :

Brixton
    Stockwell
    Vauxhall
    Pimlico (the only station on the line which doesn’t connect with another form of London transport - coincidentally this is also the least used station on the line)
    Victoria
    Green Park
    Oxford Circus (would be cool to be able to change to the bakerloo at this station)
    Warren Street
    Euston
    King’s Cross St Pancras
    Highbury & Islington
    Finsbury Park
    Seven Sisters (some services terminate here to allow them to continue to Northumberland Park depot)
    Tottenham Hale
    Blackhorse Road
    Walthamstow Central

DEPOT

Northumberland Park depot is the only part of the Victoria line which is not underground . It is accessed via a branch off from Seven Sisters

ROLLING STOCK

Included would be the most recent deep-level tube stock , the 2009 stock
    2DDFDD6B-C5F4-41B7-8956-B912591A657C.jpeg
    7ABFC639-C112-426D-BC60-781418520927.jpeg

TIMETABLE

The ideal timetable would be the one introduced near the end of 2019 , with trains every 100 seconds for 3 hours during the morning and evening rush hour , and every 135 seconds during the off-peak; something joe would probably enjoy working on!

That’s pretty much it , so please share your thoughts below and thanks for reading!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  2. umayr1997

umayr1997 New Member

ATO on this game would be very interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not sure why NOT driving a train in a train simulator would be interesting... I mean literally the train operators on this line press buttons to close the doors, press buttons to make the train drive and then do (from what I understand) nothing bar "monitor the train" until the next station, the train systems do everything

• Like Like x 3
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The TSW 3 version of the Glasgow Subway where you operate the subway in ATO. I can see a scenario where you must run a 2009 stock in Manual mode.

• Like Like x 1
  5. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I have to agree that the ATO would make it dull especially when you consider the fact that apart from a depot it's all underground and so no scenery to look at either.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Wasn't this route suggested just a week or two ago? (I wish people would search).

Anyhow the consensus then was that ATO combined with the entire passenger section being in tube and another linear route like Bakerloo is not going to appeal to many people, or the moneymen at DTG who decide what is a viable project.

7. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I don't think ATO is necessarily a bad thing, the Glasgow Subway route in TSC is still a fun route - even better if able to free roam on foot with a timetable mode like on TSW. I rather get a sub-surface LU line but I wouldn't rule this out.

• Like Like x 2
  8. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I think he was being sarcastic

9. trainsUK

trainsUK Member

1. More than one person can suggest something . Look at BML as an example
    2. I didn’t know you could search so you don’t need to get smart with me
    3. I’m clearly new to the forums anyway so I wouldn’t have seen a thread from 2 weeks ago

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  10. josh#4926

josh#4926 Well-Known Member

1967-224-S.jpg

Could have the 1967 Stock as future DLC, quite similar to the 1972 Stock in appearance so wouldn't be hard to model, maybe dovetail could add more features due to this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ARuscoe

Just because they can doesn't make it any less (minorly) annoying, you not knowing something exists doesn't mean anyone else has to make allowance - your newness is not their problem unless they're your manager...

12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I read his response and just smiled genially. The odds of this route ever getting built, no matter how many threads are pretty remote anyway.

13. trainsUK

trainsUK Member

I actually know someone who was a well known member on these forums and they told me how toxic it could get - looks like they were right . Besides , the op didn’t even have to look at this thread , if they were annoyed by someone having an idea and voicing their idea (freedom of speech) this might not be the right place

• Like Like x 1
  14. ARuscoe

Having something pointed out to you isn't "toxic". Being told you were completely wrong, your existence is wrong and didn't deserve to live would be toxic, but this isn't that...
    Note nobody has said the suggestion is a totally bad one, even if there are issues with making a route you don't drive and can't see any scenery on
    I'm sure if they made it there would be a set of people who WOULD buy it. I just wouldn't be one of them

15. trainsUK

trainsUK Member

Ok , maybe I was wrong in a certain aspect , but it was the way something was pointed out that started this

16. trainsUK

trainsUK Member

My friend who doesn’t use the forums anymore said it was toxic

17. ARuscoe

That's their opinion, and that's fine
    I see most things on this forum as generally OK, even if people can be overzealous with their words and / or reactions at times