Victoria To Brighton Red Light?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by richard cooper, Oct 12, 2021.

1. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

If this has already been mentioned I apologize. Playing London commuter class 387 first journey lw30, 3 miles outside Brighton I stopped at a red signal. Seventeen minutes later I was still waiting for the signal to change. Is this a bug, or if I wait longer will it eventually change so I get my action points.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Although I don’t have this route I’ve read all the posts. As a result I’m pretty sure it’s a common problem, there are about 5 trains ahead of yours all at red lights, and nothing ever moves!

3. carstenbamberg

carstenbamberg New Member

I'm not sure whether it was the same service or another one, when I experienced the very same problem. It seemed a train was stuck år a station with all other trains stacking up behind. After some waiting time, I decided to walk all the way down to this train. After opening one of this train's passenger doors and closing it again, the AI train driver miraculously decided to drive on - which solved the problem. Maybe this can help you solve your problem too.
    Cheers

4. toffski#8424

toffski#8424 Member

Yup, I’ve had this and have added it to the enormous pile. Looks like a train at Victoria had come to bother and straddled a junction stopping everything.

5. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Just happened to me 2 miles out of Gatwick heading to Vic. Just one train in front stuck in front of me with nothing in front of that for miles.

6. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

In other areas on the tracks

Attached Files:

7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I've just had a similar, but rather more long-winded thing happen on the 1A34 heading for Brighton. Continuing from a save because of a crash before Gatwick (not sure if that's a contributing factor), my next stop was Burgess Hill, but there were trains in front of me all at red lights. A GX 387 and two Southern 377s, then this guy - another Southern 377 bound for Littlehampton & Ore at the Wivelsfield station waiting at a double yellow. I walked the 2.3 miles down to it and opened the driver's door. Tried to sit down, but it said I wasn't allowed to take control.

Then I noticed that the key was out, so I turned it on, put the forwarder to neutral and clicked the door close button. jumped off the train and off he sped. Not sure what his issue was or how he'd got there - assuming he was parked up the whole time from when I'd started the service. Then I had to walk the 2.3 miles back up to my train to finish the service, eventually rolling into Burgess Hill 27 minutes late!

The story doesn't end there, though... I'd made up a couple of minutes by the time I was approaching Brighton, but then - another red light. In front of me, I could see the GX 387 at a red, but I was only 0.7 miles from the station. So again, I started walking and got to Platform 4 to find another 377, out of service. This time it gives me the option to take over the service, but instead, I flick the key on and open the doors. Suddenly, there's a driver, the destination boards light up and he's off towards LV. I walked back to my train, (another 0.7 miles towards the tedious walking trophy) and, once the GX is out of the way, arrive into Brighton a mere 32 minutes late for the hardest-fought silver medal ever (annoyingly only 139 points / 1% off a gold)! :D

This was on PS5 after the 1.014.000 update (20th Oct). Based on the crash and the red lights, I'd say there's not been too much improvement on BML for PS5 users, so I'll leave it a bit before I try again!

85498575-ea55-45f4-b45b-32ece29d4d66.jpeg
    111acb68-c800-40bd-ad16-52ff2a3aaa70.jpeg

8. matthes#3212

matthes#3212 New Member

Delete all 3 DLC Rush Hour. Install them again. Since Then I Had no Problems with the DLC London. You have to delete Really all 3 DLC! I Play PS5