Video Format Developer Diary

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AntonK_007, Jul 24, 2019.

1. AntonK_007

AntonK_007 Well-Known Member

Hi TSW Team!
    Do you plan to revive video format Developer Diary? The video format is very interesting! ;)

2. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hey Anton, these were filmed before my time but I suspect they were mostly part of the promotion for the initial TSW release. We do have a video team here but they are usually busy creating various trailers for TS19, TSW but also Fishing Sim World. Besides the videos themselves, they have to create many other versions with different dimensions that go into our social channels and also partner channels (such as Xbox & PlayStation, and media).

While it is possible to hire more people to film videos, those who are in the video (such as Matt P) are usually extremely busy and simply don't have the time to be filmed. It's already difficult to get Matt to stream with us every once in a while, so we must respect his time. We could go about getting other people into those videos but not everyone feels comfortable in front of the camera, and not everyone can provide the same type of insight into the development.

I can see more videos like this being made for more major features and releases, but as of now, we do not have the capacity. These take a lot of effort of many people to create (starting from writing a script, to filming and then editing). Believe me, the idea of making dev diaries comes up every once in a while but we simply do not have the capacity right now.

• Like Like x 3
  3. AntonK_007

AntonK_007 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Dmitri! ;)

• Like Like x 1