Video Help?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inversnecky, Jan 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Can anyone please help me out on this?

I've been looking to edit some recordings of TS, but have a couple of snags.

I use OBS, which doesn't cope with 4K monitors (3840x2160pixels), so I have to reduce TS's resolution, or get part of the screen videoed.

Anyway, the main problem is, that the MKV files produced by OBS can't be edited by my video editor (Vegas Pro), so I changed the output format to MP4, which can be read and edited by Vegas.

However, when I render output from Vegas, I just get a black screen, but can't find any way to fix it. This doesn't happen with any other video files. (Online search hasn't helped.)

Any advice on the best way to sort this? Or share how you record and edit screen capture?

TIA as always :)

2. dramewaiver

dramewaiver New Member

Maybe just choose a different software for that? You can choose software that would embrace all the functions you need, and you won’t have to choose different products.
    Good video editing software would help you to do the entire job without having to go for different options. The Movavi video editor is the ultimate tool to finish all my projects. It supports most video formats and allows various effects on videos.
    So, if you’re looking for a reliable program for your work or personal use, I recommend this one. It’s easily downloadable, and you don’t need to pay for it to use.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  3. decrepitts#7027

decrepitts#7027 Well-Known Member

4. trevkiwi

trevkiwi Active Member

There is a free video recording app that comes with Windows 10/11 go to Settings/Gaming/Captures and if you are using an Nvidia graphics card there is also a free one with that.

5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

If you have a NVidia card, you could use shadowplay. That's what I use... it works great. Not even 1fps drop when I use it.