Virgin Trains First Generation Pack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by m1sterc, May 31, 2020.

1. m1sterc

m1sterc New Member

Hi all,

I know virgin trains have removed downloads from steam but im looking for the virgin trains trains first generation pack to go with a vp productions download. Is there anywhere this available from??

Many thanks

simon

2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

There aren't any places that officially sell it anymore but some dodgy websites might still sell them. Alternatively, you could just ask people who end up with spare codes. I've got a few for a few routes I already own (before DTG's legal department gets in contact with me, I bought a Humble Bundle), although I've given them to a friend.

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Doomotron Is it the 2020 bundle I already have, or a different one?

Back on topic, the Virgin pack was still available from Humble, while we're on the subject, for a while. However, I noticed yesterday that it has since been removed from there. I was quick to snap it up before it disappeared. No regrets. The best I can suggest is see if other trains might get used for similar models in the future and grab those instead, that's the only option now if you don't own the pack and can't find it anywhere.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Humble Bundle, Gamersgate and others buy Steam Keys directly from Steam and re sell them
    Once they keys they have purchased are gone they can not get any more if the product has been removed from sale on Steam.

I find it amusing the seem people seem to think this is somehow illegal even though they are Official Resellers of these Keys

Peter

5. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I never knew that the Virgin pack was on there. I bought the (very good) DPSimulation bundle and that didn't come with it. I bought the First Generation pack in the final sale before it was removed but I do regret not buying the Class 390. Oh well.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if what one person calls the Virgin Pack and another the First Generation pack are the same thing?

Peter

7. Cyclone

They are. It's called the Virgin Trains First Generation Pack. So far the only loco pack I bought at what was technically a full price (I got a discount as a Humble subscriber), and no regrets given I didn't see a sale before it was pulled.

8. m1sterc

m1sterc New Member

Thanks for the replys by the way.............I still cant find it anywhere :(

9. Cyclone

That's correct, unfortunately. It's been pulled from sale. It sucks since there are skins that depend on it. I don't know if a more basic DLC can be made based around the class type, one that the skins might also work on, but I am sure DTG doesn't plan DLC based upon the freeware skins market as that can make the process more complex.

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Although the older "More Basic" Class 390 does not have some of the bells and whistles of the newer version it still works you can still drive it and it tilts like the real version
    This is on the Academy Test track - one is the older version - the other is the newer version
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg

Peter