Virgin Trains New Generation Pack

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by Slenderman_HKRES, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Slenderman_HKRES

Slenderman_HKRES Member

Comes with an updated Class 390, which in my opinion, needs a little bit of love so badly. Released in 2 Aug, 2012 with 3 virtual liveries, the class 390 lacks a lot of features in game such as day/night running light setting, DRA, instrument light, cab light etc and a proper Virgin Trains skin. Also, the HUD on the class 390 is a mess, with 0% on the HUD is not the OFF position for the combine throttle/brake but the step 2 braking, which make new driver a bit hard to know which notch they are in currently.

The new class 390 will be having some updated new feature such as those mentioned above together with a slow/fast wiper control, two tone horn controlled by the space and "B" key and a HUD that can clearly show whether you are currently in which step of braking (step 1- 6 and emergency) or Off position or which step of power (Notch 1 - 4)etc. Moreover, it will have 2 formations, the 9 car set (390/0) and the 11 car set (390/1). Both come with the original virgin red + grey livery and the new flowing silk livery.

Also, the pack will include the Class 221, together with the class 390 to form the Virgin Train fleet nowadays.

For the scenarios, it can be in the WCML North or WCML over shap or in some new routes proposal like the WCML Euston to Wolverhampton + Nuneaton & Northampton (https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...n-to-wolverhampton-nuneaton-northampton.3194/) or the WCML Branch which I have proposed in the past (https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...th-and-windermere-to-manchester-airport.3126/).

• Like Like x 2
  2. OpenRailer90

OpenRailer90 New Member

Someone on Alan Thompson's FB page has done a 390 enhancement pack but those improvements should be left to Armstrong Powerhouse. But can't see that happening due to the tensions between the two firms.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

I hope it gets ironed out in the near future