Virgin Voyager + Class 390

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ian1991, Apr 16, 2018.

?
  1. Class 390 pendolino

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. Voyager

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. Both of the above

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Class 350 with the above in new route

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  5. WCML Birmingham-london with above locos premium price

18 vote(s)
    51.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Now they have released the 390 and voyager in ts2018 it would be interesting and very pleasing to see the next DLC for TSW to be a route that uses the virgin voyager or class 390.

Personally i would love to see WCML Birmingham to london euston with these trains. And i would be happy to pay a premium price for this if it was to include both trains and the class 350.

Up to £39.99 if the service mode is done well i think it would be a hit myself.

But just to see the 390 in TSW would be amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

£39.99 is far too much. DTG will only charge £24.99 because otherwise they will lose all their customers.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ian1991

I understand 39.99 is expensive however, as from my other post in the update thread they can only offer so much for their price budget and production, im happy to pay more for a longer/more variety route?
    And they could do a 24.99 pre order offer.

I think it would be worth it for a route like that with 3 locos.

4. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Well, not to butt in. But it sounds like your saying that we should be paying $50 for this DLC add-on alone. Is that what I'm hearing?

5. Ian1991

Im saying that with current DLC routes we are offered 40-45miles and 1 or locos for £25.
    This DLC would have THREE locos and is around 120 miles (three times the legnth of an average DLC route) and I would rather pay a little more to get a good legnth and variety of locos.
    Instead of paying £25 for a short route, then another £10-15 for ONE loco.....then another £20 for an extension?

Is it just me or am I the only one thinking buying a big package for a little more is better than spending less over and over again to get the full route in the end?

You get what you pay for and Im suggesting a longer route with more locos for more money
    (But still less money than having 3/4 extensions/loco dlc for one route)

6. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt they will ever do a route that long, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, also I haven't paid full price for anything in TSW so certainly wouldn't want to pay more.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

PENDOLINO! PENDOLINO! PENDOLINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Price boils down to a very complicated question which asks, "Can we make money back from the product?" If the price is high, then few people will buy it, and the dev team may make a loss or a gain depending on how much it is. I myself would not pay $50 USD for one route, unless it was the full Trans-Siberian Railway, which at that price would make it a steal at $0.008 per mile. If the price is low, say the going rate of $25 to $30 USD, then you make less per copy, but you may sell more copies in the long run. The reason why DTG do such short routes it to keep time between releases down. In TS, DTG-made routes are released at a similar rate to the TSW routes. The main difference there is that there are third-party devs out there who made and release routes and locomotives in the downtime between the DTG offering. TSW obviously suffers from a lack of an editor (another issue altogether) and thus, third parties can't fill gaps between the insanely long time between route releases.

• Like Like x 4