Visible Body For Player.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kosti.nuuja, Jan 20, 2021.

1. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

DTG, can you make player's body visible with walk and run animations. In future there would be animations for player's hands when driving train.

• Like Like x 6
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This all comes down to whether you want to feel like you are driving a train, or feel like you are controlling a character who is driving the train. I think I know what most people would prefer. I never dreamed as a kid that I could control a character driving a train, I wanted to drive a train. As soon as you see arms in front of you doing stuff, you are detached from being the one doing whatever it is you are doing. TSW should remain first and foremost an immersive simulator experience and a game second.

• Like Like x 4
  3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of having a player's body visible and hands visible when moving switches and dtiving the train. It makes it more realistic. At the very least dtg should give the player the option to have it on if some don't like the idea of a visible body and hands

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't feel detached at all if our character that we pick moved his/her arms when moving levers and pressing buttons. Heck it would make things realistic. In racing games like f1 2020, the character we pick moves his/her arms when we turn the steering wheel and presses the upshift and downshift paddles as well as if we were to change engine modes in some cars and it doesn't feel detaching at all to those players so I don't think it would feel detaching in my opinion. If we pick a character in the game then theey should at least let us have the option to use the characters arms like actual train drives would do and allow us to see our players arms and legs when we walk around instead of an invisible body. It's like there is an invisible arm moving the throttle/break levers and pressing buttons in the train. This should come though when the models of the people are improved because they do not look great at all.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  5. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Although I do wish your body actually moved when using the External Cameras.

• Like Like x 1
  6. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Seems like a waste of their time for a feature that won’t look good and not many people would want.

The human body is not easy to model close up especially complex things like fingers. If they don’t move right then our brains instantly recognise they are fake.

7. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I'm glad the look of my own hands goes off in the game SnowRunner. I certainly wouldn't want this feature in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1