Visions Of Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Doomotron, Sep 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

You are contradicting the DtG official website information, DtG's recent mention of MP in their recent survey, and Sam from earlier this year:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Member

I have already written several times that the MP will be announced at the earliest, if at all with TSW2, Version 5, and 2024/25. Until then, the other DLCs will probably be updated on passengers over a period of months - and possibly also Timetable in parts.

That will take forever (although older routes will probably not be included before June 2020.)

And that is software not MP capable, it's nonsense. There are enough players with this software that work without any problems. The previous problem with this is the size of a map - since the software is not designed for huge terrain. On the other hand, developers would hardly use any software voluntarily that would not allow synchronization in 2021. And they take in enough revenue through licensing, so it would be a death sentence for the company if it were.

And the updates for the timetable and passengers, even if you had expected new features, were probably necessary to bring the game forward. And I have to say, I've done half the chapters, and I'm really excited about it. Especially when you have to wait for other trains, etc. That would of course be much more in the MP, but thanks to the timetable we now have it up to the MP in the SP.

• Like Like x 2
  3. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

As a long time Wow & Gw player I am very much aware how much time commitment is required for online play and the problems caused by interruptions.

All the really successful multiplayer games involve group challenges and rewards for cooperative play.
    I doubt if a rail game can provide those sorts of challenges.
    If so, can the social aspects be enough of a reward in itself?
    (Stripes on your uniform sleeve or checkered tape for your cab)

Bottom line would be how much benefit in increased sales would Dtg derive from the expense of developing it.

• Like Like x 1