Voreifelbahn (kbs 475): Bonn - Euskirchen (with Br 620 & Br 622)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cadeshr6s, Jul 5, 2021.

1. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Bonn Hbf

Contents:
    • The Route
      • General description
    • Services
    • Rolling Stock
      • What comes with the route?
        • DB BR 620 (Alstom Coradia LINT 81)
        • DB BR 622 (Alstom Coradia LINT 54)
      • DLC
        • DB BR 644 (Bombardier Talent)
    • Conclusion
    • Pictures
    • Credits
    Route
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

General description

This route runs from Bonn to Euskirchen on the northern edge of the Eifel. The route is 34. 2 km long and runs at a maximum speed of 110 km/h and is therefore only secured with the PZB. The line is a pure disel track and is driven accordingly by diesel multiple units. The line is operated by line S23 and is part of the S-Bahn network of the Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Sieg. From Euskirchen, the S23 runs as RB23 on the Erfttalbahn to Bad Münstereifel. This would make it possible to combine the route with the Erfttalbahn. A special feature is that this route is partly used in left-hand traffic and partly has 1 track.

Services
    This route features S-Bahn services.

S23
    Bonn Hbf - Bonn-Endenich Nord - Bonn Helmholtzstraße - Bonn-Duisdorf - Alfter-Impekoven - Alfter-Witterschlick - Meckenheim-Kottenforst - Meckenheim-Industriepark - Meckenheim - Rheinbach-Römerkanal - Rheinbach - Swisttal-Odendorf - Euskirchen-Kuchenheim - Euskirchen
    every 30 min (in Rushhour every 15min)

Rolling Stock
    What comes with the route?

DB BR 620 (Alstom Coradia LINT 81)
    [​IMG]

DB BR 622 (Alstom Coradia LINT 54)
    [​IMG]

The Alstom Coradia LINT is a family of diesel railcars. The acronym “LINT” stands for “Light Innovative Local Railcars. ” The LINT was designed by Linke-Hofmann-Busch (LHB) and will be sold as part of the Alstom Coradia product family following the acquisition of LHB by Alstom. The LINT has a top speed of 140 km/h and is known as the LINT 54 (BR 622) 54.27 m long and 2-piece and as LINT 81 (BR 620) 80.92 m long and 3-piece. To Rushhour The LINT also runs times as a double traction on the S23.

DLC
    DB BR 644 (Bombardier Talent)

[​IMG]

The Bombardier Talent is a family of railcars manufactured by Bombardier Transportation (formerly Talbot Waggonfabrik). “Talent” is an acronym for Talbot’s light railcars. The Talent has a top speed of 120 km/h and is 52.16 m long and 3-piece. The Talent drove on the S23 until 2014 and was used there as single traction, double traction or even triple traction.

Conclusion
    I would like to see this route in TSW 2, because I think it would be very fun and because of the peculiarities it has, it could be very interesting. Furthermore, I would like to see the Voreifelbahn combined with the Erfttalbahn.

Pictures
    [​IMG]

Br 620 on the way to Bonn

[​IMG]
    Br620 at Euskirchen-Kuchenheim on left-hand track, on the way to Bonn

Credits
    The Credits for the Layout of my Suggestion go to jolojonasgames.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  2. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

We desperately need a diesel route for Germany! Also, thanks for the credits ;)

3. cadeshr6s

Yeah we need it. I will also make an Suggestion Form the Erfttalbahn and the Bördebahn. I will also rework my Suggestion for the Eifelstrecke. No Problem man I just want to appreciate your work. I hope you do not have a problem, if I use it.

4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

We also desperately need some older trains for Germany. The suggested DMUs are way too modern to my liking :P

• Like Like x 1
  5. cadeshr6s

The Talent ist from 1996, but you can also add the BR 218

6. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

That's a great suggestion, I really like the route, but it could also be extended to Bad Münstereifel, because every hour one train goes to Bad Münstereifel

7. cadeshr6s

I totaly agree, I linked my Suggestion for the Erfttalbahn (Euskirchen-Bad Münstereifel) twice in the Suggestion. And as I Said I would Like to see them combiened.

• Like Like x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and if implemented in the it's going to give Main Spessart Bahn Diesel shuttle services

• Like Like x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No it isn’t. Can you not let anyone make a suggestion without adding your nonsense ideas to it? It’s getting very spammy.

• Like Like x 3