Voyager & Pendolino Pack Coming To Tsw2>

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tizzy33, Jan 20, 2022.

1. tizzy33

tizzy33 New Member

Hi I have a question, As the Avanti route has just been added/updated on PC i was wondering if those trains would come to console as i would love to drive the Voyager as i love that train.

2. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Is this a Train Simulator thing? Or TSW? If TS then probably not as we TSW people don't have a route to use the Voyager or Pendolino on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tizzy33

tizzy33 New Member

its on train simulator, I was hoping they could shorten the route and still add them or at least add them as a pack.

4. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Nothing confirmed for tsw

5. tizzy33

tizzy33 New Member

Thats a shame but i wish they do come later on in the year or so.

6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Train Sim World and Train Simulator are two completely different games, and there is extremely little if no link between the content available in each sim.

• Like Like x 2
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There is the chance that there will be an Avanti WCML route made for TSW soon. It’s high up on wish lists and everything seems to be slotting into place for it with tilting trains and differential speed limits for them being implemented. If there is a big bundle of new routes this year like Rush Hour last year, I wouldn’t be surprised if a WCML route with Avanti Pendolino was the UK route. Some wishful thinking for the Liverpool branch on my part but it can’t be too long before some part of the WCML happens.

• Like Like x 1
  8. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

You would think it would have been done long ago, it's got to be the most requested route & possibility the most important route in the UK linking virtually all the major cities together. Also has the best variety of traction IMO! I can't wait to see some electric UK loco's!

9. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Yes please! I know it’s speculation but a West Coast line would be an absolute godsend!

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's the North Wales line which is on TS, and this line would be perfectly possible to do all or much of this in TSW

11. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

WCML and ECML are the 2 most highly requested routes for tsw, and have been for a couple of years. Sense would of been to at least attempt part of them by now

12. ARuscoe

Unfortunately I disagree. Because they ARE so busy and have such busy junctions and terminals it makes more sense to do outlying areas of the routes that allows build up of stock and assets rather than lumping a big chunky route out with only one type of train on it

An example of this would be the North Wales line where you get Avanti and TfW trains, but the line itself is a fairly simple end to end with few divergences

I'm sure there are others on the WCML and ECML that would allow stock and assets to be built up without leaving us an empty core route through the UK

13. ARuscoe

The disadvantage of the franchise system was the bespoke nature of the trains. Great for IRL trainspotting, nightmare for DTG to have to recreate a lot of different internal and external differences in stock (see dostos as a case in point as to how people react when they get it wrong)
    The good thing about the 80x, 70x series and electrostars is the differences can be fairly minor so you can cover a fair amount of routes swiftly

14. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

We're getting part of the WCML soon in SOS from crew so it is coming :)