Vr Br101 Cold Start Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TundraFire, Sep 12, 2022.

1. TundraFire

TundraFire Member

I have been having issues starting this train cold. I go through the motions of turning the battery on, raising the panto and flipping the main switch however when I apply throttle, a German voice immediately began shouting something. I don't speak German however it sounds like he is saying two words. The first word starting with f and the last word sounds like "bremse". So is it related to the brakes? The train will began to accelerate however it will shortly thereafter stop it self.

I have looked through the manual but the documentation was of no help.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have you switched the AFB on
    Have you switched PZB on - not required but if you have you need to know how to use it
    Have you switched Sifa on - not required but if you have you need to know how to use it

3. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Have you flipped the close circuit breaker switch?

4. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

"Federspeicherbremse" is what she says. You forgot to release the parking brake then :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. TundraFire

TundraFire Member

Thank you. Is there any switch in the cab to release them? I released the parking brake using the f3 coupling hud.

6. Maik Goltz

No, unfortunately there is no switch in there (the back wall is not modelled). You can use the # key (or whatever key is bound to the handbrake .. i guess its / on a English keyboard).

7. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I'm not questioning your knowledge of this unit I'm just curious.. Isn't the /? Image2.jpg key the universal handbrake keybind?

8. Maik Goltz

On a German keyboard it is the # key. So no, it's not universal. But on the shown image that should be that key, yes.

9. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Ahh I see. :)

Edit:
    Actually I just looked more closely at the image I posted (grabbed off the internet and I added the red box) and just noticed that that's actually a US style keyboard which is again slightly different from my UK type, the key above the /? that we were discussing is shown as ' " whereas on the UK layout it would be '@ (The " for us is above the 2)

So perfectly reasonable that your German layout differs from ours and explains my original question.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022