W-s-a-d

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Sep 5, 2020.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

As a right-handed TSW2 driver, I'm thoroughly enjoying using these keys while walking, which means that my left hand is free to control direction with the mouse. If this was possible in TSW, I never knew about it and it certainly did not appear on the Keyboard - Diesel Locomotive page (36) in the TSW manual.

2. Nick_Brad

Nick_Brad Member

I wish i could share the optimism with regards to the new "immersion" controls, when driving on Sand Patch using my xbox controller, for some reason the throttle is also set to zoom in, unfortunately I'm forced to use immersion for the scenarios too, which means not using the controller or having to wind my neck in after every acceleration move.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr_Crazey

Mr_Crazey Active Member

Just a tip. If you start the mode in immersion controls you can pause the game and switch to classic controls at any point. If you attempt to start in classic controls it will force you to switch to immersion controls and won't let you switch back at any point.

As for the throttle also being zoom that's interesting. On xbox using an xbox controller, right trigger and bumper control throttle, left trigger and bumper control brake, and the left joy stick controls zoom.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

Hello, Nick Brad and Mr_Crazey! This is the PC Discussion section of the forums.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

So?

6. Mr_Crazey

Mr_Crazey Active Member

You realize you can use an Xbox Controller on PC right? To me it seems like the key bindings for using a controller on PC should be the same as using a controller on console.

7. Nick_Brad

Nick_Brad Member

My issue is that indeed I AM on pc, I don't own an xbox and so I am not discussing how the game plays on xbox, I am simply using an Xbox controller on PC. With immersion controls, the bindings have somehow become mixed up so that when using the right trigger to increase the throttle, it also engages the zoom, although in the settings, that should be mapped to the left stick when using a controller to play.

• Like Like x 2
  8. LastTrainToClarksville

Well, no, I had no idea that an X-Box controller could be used with a PC. Please accept my apology and excuse my ignorance.