Wagon Sounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Farmer_C, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I downloaded a couple of repaints by Paul S. to add some new flavor for my freight wagons.
    ( http://www.dw-agency.de/pauls/repaints/freight/ )

The repainted versions do not have any sounds, which obviously is a big shortcoming in a game like TS, which is based on the principle of creating an unequaled audiovisual experience for the player.

I already found some information on how to copy existing wagon sounds and add them to another wagon. However, as my ICT skills are somewhat limited and my track record on making technical modifications to any PC files or systems is notoriously bad and normally results to a total deadlock and PC mayhem. Thus, I would be glad to hear any experiences you might have as for copying wagon sound files, and whether the risks of getting everything messed up in this process are so high that I should not even attempt doing this.

Without sounds these new repainted wagons can well be used as decorative items on scenarios, but on the other hand, it would also be nice to use them as active parts in the consists that are driven along the routes.