Wagon Turntable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deedee3382, Nov 29, 2020.

1. deedee3382

deedee3382 Member

I'm wondering do these exist in train simulator? I could use some for a route I have started working on. It would be easier to just find a dlc that has them as I haven't figured out how create animated assets yet, but I might tray and have a go if I need to.

Thanks.

2. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Dunno bout a wagon turntable... I think there's a traverser if its any use in Doncaster Works...

Eric

3. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

I'm sure they're a really small version of a regular turntable except being just over the length of 1 private owner "plank wagon"

Eric

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Wagon Turntables do exist in the game but I don't think they work they way the real version does
    wagon.jpg
    curzon.jpg
    There are some on UKTS
    https://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=25894
    turntables.jpg
    For a vehicle to move something has to do the work which you don't have if the wagon is by itself on the turntable

Peter

5. deedee3382

deedee3382 Member

Thank you for the replies. It's nice to see someone has made one but I never considered how they would actually work in game. I just thought well they are turntables so they turn, not how we actually move wagons. I guess we would need an odd solution like powered wagons or controllable shire horses to make these work properly. :D
    I'll have to make sure if I decide to use any that they are decorative only.