Fishing Sim World Walleye Behavior

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by timrwll5, Jun 7, 2019.

1. timrwll5

timrwll5 New Member

I have fished walleye for 40 years and I would like to ask the devs if any of them have ever caught one or even bothered with a Google search on their behavior. Everything about them in this game is wrong! I have been catching them in Lilly pads with top water baits neither of which happens in the real world. They are called walleyes because their eyes are sensitive to light, they stay near the bottom and tend to stay deeper. Only during spring when they lay their eggs do they go near shallow water. Also in game when you hook one it's swims around on the surface. In the real world they will dive towards the bottom and run out from you, they stay down as deep as possible and you only see them when they tire out. Very disappointed by this would be nice if the American fish got even a little bit of love.

• Like Like x 2
  2. michael.carver

michael.carver New Member

This species behavior does need fixed. It would be nice to see a walleye tournament as well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Old man was a tournament walleye angler making it all the way to flw. Im a hardcore bass angler. Can confirm. We need to be able to better differentiate species by the selection of our presentations toward eaches species ai.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

Every species behavior how it fights, what bait it takes and in general the ai, is completely wrong. When i hear the development team ( in there live streams ) say they go real world fishing , and this is the best they can come up with, I mean come on, do something about it, it's right there staring you in the face how bad it is.
    Is it so difficult for them to look at there game, And think critically about how to improve it, and get it more realistic and accurate.
    I am starting to see more complaints from players,about this subject, and other things that are wrong as well, I could list them all here but what is the point,the developers rarely answer anybody, and continue to think there is nothing wrong with the game.

• Like Like x 4
  5. robertduthie

robertduthie New Member

there should be something done about the lines too in real life the line is probably the most important thing but in the game every one loads every reel with 50 lbs braid no matter what they are fishing for come on and make this more realistic

• Like Like x 2
  6. Trout Bum

Trout Bum New Member

+1 I really like this game, and every game will have its little niggles, but this is the #1 flaw in the game, and I would consider it a pretty major flaw. The only time any of the 1000s of walleye anglers I know ever use braid at all is when it is tipped with anywhere from a 3 to 7-foot leader of fluoro or mono. Watching some of the live streams it seems like a lot of gamers seriously "over-club" on the line to the point it gets ridiculous, something that would NEVER work in a real on the water situations.

When the new release comes out with rainbow and brown trout, both which possess excellent eyesight in a 210-degree field of view and who live in colder, clearer bodies of water - that will be the true test. Anyone catching them any kind of straight braid or excessively rated mono/fluoro should be subject to a severe negative probability adjuster.

To the original point of this poster - yes, the walleye behavior needs to be totally re-done from scratch. I've never caught any walleye on a topwater pencil bait or popper in real life, but in FSW this happens a LOT. So much that when fishing the Lake Dylan BoW during the June League, fishing topwater at shallow depths in clearly was a bass-specific water scenario, the number of walleyes (and crappies for that matter) got really annoying.

Would also be nice to have more bait selections specific to walleye, like live bait harnesses for worms and leeches (Lindy Rigs, etc.), vertical jigging options (like Rippin'Raps, Lucky John Maiko/Mebaru, Salmo Chubby Darter, etc.)

• Like Like x 2
  7. robertduthie

robertduthie New Member

I completely agree with trout bum also on the lines the thinner diameter lines should cast further like a 20lbs fluoro should cast further than a 50lbs braid but not in tis game I have been testing various lines and all lines cast the same distance this should be changed too if this game is to be realistic,i hope the game developers have been looking at these posts

• Like Like x 2
  8. robertduthie

robertduthie New Member

I asked twice on the weekly stream if the line diameters would make any difference to casting distances but I was completely ignored answers to questions at each side of my questions were answered but not mine so I take it nothing is gong to change with the lines,in real life the line is the most important piece of tackle but not on this game shame

• Like Like x 1
  9. Duncanmacleod08

Duncanmacleod08 Member

in real life terminal tackle and line is very important be nice to see durability and yardage and diameter added to lines as well as durability and qty to lures in real life you cant keep casting same line over and over like you do in this game going through all the lilies ect just not realistic eventually line will fray and break and lures will get bent hooks scratched paint maybe even break in two depending on what it hits.... game would be way more simulator type if they added in these features would give everyone a reason to be more careful how they treat gear and something those of us who own whole store to spend tp on. .. but that is off topic orig post was about walleye behavior and it is wrong in game way it's described by tim is correctly how they act in the Columbia River near where i live please go through and revamp fish behaviors that need it like you did with the bass - only gripe is they don't really jump as often here as portrayed in game but all in all they fight pretty damn realistic now.

• Like Like x 1