Warley What?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Crosstie, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

For those of us in the New World, what is the Warley Virtual Event?

2. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

If you don't want to look at the website, Warley is a model railway exhibition show thing held every year (in Birmingham, I believe). For the past few years DTG have attended with train simulator related stuff. This year, it's being held virtually (because COVID and all that) on their YouTube channel.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  4. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Introduction to Train sim world 2.

Perhaps reveal a video of next route would be good idea for this event.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

if the tgv route move to next release tomorrow. i can see that. would be cool

• Like Like x 1
  6. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

Ok before people get carried away - I made some enquiries last night to see what the regular DTG stream moderators would need to be doing regarding this since Sunday afternoon is new ground for most of us. I got the reply below from Matt Peddlesden. It is what it is so don't shoot the messenger and to be honest trying to suggest changes you would like to see at this point is pretty futile.

"Sunday is not on our channel, and it's pre-recorded but looks like it's live.. ish. We already recorded it. Warley MRC are doing it all from their own channel so mods here don't need to be involved at all other than of course to watch if you wish. It's very much an intro to TSW aimed at people who have never seen it before, we cover thee three routes, the tools, and the preserved collection."

• Like Like x 2
  7. Clumsy Pacer

Isn't that what they've always done at Warley? I seem to remember a few years ago someone there had the GWE 66 on two wheels :D

You have to remember, it's a model railway show, not a train sim convention, so it'd be rather stupid for them to announce a new route or feature there.

• Like Like x 2
  8. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Unless DTG host there own event. There won't be a train sim convention. I don't think they have even attended EGX or Rezzed events which are the biggest UK game events. They attended EGX Rezzed in 2018 2 years ago

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  9. Clumsy Pacer

Tbh, it's probably it a bit too niche I think for it to be worth it, though would be cool to attend.

10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I have a vague recollection of going to an event in Birmingham several years ago, I think at Millenium Point. It was either a Train Simulator and/or Flight Simulator show, although I don't recall there being much on show.

I remember Just Trains up and coming Voyager for Rail Simulator was being demonstrated and I think the Bristol to Exeter route, so must have been 2009ish.

I don't recall one since then.