Ways Of Buying Withdrawn Dlc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doomotron, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

There are some loopholes to get some withdrawn DLCs for Steam. These are completely legitimate ways, and they are assembled in a list here. If you have any more to add, please reply to this thread and I'll add it to the list. Additionally I have included links to Flight School and Flight Sim World. Most of these have been confirmed by myself or others but when they have not been tested I will say so just in case. For regional links, such as Amazon UK, if there are other entries for different countries I will include them.

Also I'd like to ask DTG to not fix any of these; many of them had no reason to be withdrawn and are valuable to the community. Thank you.
    It is additionally possible to buy older version of Train Simulator. Unless they include withdrawn content they won't be mentioned here, but if you want to buy cheap collections of older DLC these are great for doing so.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

These were re-released by DTG as Workshop routes.
    • Seebergbahn (WS) - Here
    • Castle Rock (WS) - Here
    • Hedborough (WS) - Here
    Edit:
    Now added Seebergbahn link for completeness, bare in mind these are clones of the originals that were sold but they were uploaded officially by DTG, as for scenarios working or not, unless markers, station names and portals have been edited/changed from the original routes then they should still work though Doomotron seems to think otherwise so just take this into account and suck it and see as they say.

3. Doomotron

I know, the three fictional routes (Seebergbahn too) were indeed released this way, but these are clones of the routes. Therefore DLC meant for the original version won't work on them, which is why they're included on the list. Personally I wish they weren't clones but it's been a while now.

Just as examples, DLC like the Class 156 and 02 have scenarios for Hedborough North; the E18 and DB Freight 1970s (I think) have scenarios for Seebergbahn and the JT Voyager and likely many older US trains but I can't think of any off the top of my head have scenarios for Castle Rock.

4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I have little interest in fictional routes, I just remembered it being mentioned about them (didn't even realise Seebergbahn was included in this else I'd have linked that too) being brought back on the WS.

5. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

The original South Wales Coastal route (Bristol-Cardiff) with Arriva branding was included with TS2017.

6. Doomotron

I decided not to include that as there is no real reason to get it other than the branding. North Wales Coastal was included as it had the Virgin livery in it which surprisingly I haven't seen as a reskin for the newer 221s. That said, do you know where TS2017 can be bought?

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So even though the TGV Reseau was withdrawn because it was faulty you would not want DTG to fix it - WHY?
    TGV 2.jpg

The Duplex Power Car has the Pantograph at the correct height - the Reseau power cars Pantograph is too high and sticks thru the wires

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Train-Simulator-2017-PC-Code/dp/B01M7PX0ZZ

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

10. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

It can either be bought on Amazon UK (like Reef mentioned)
    Or if you aren't from the UK it can be bought here at HumbleBundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/train-simulator-2017?hmb_source=search_bar

Also another reason to get it would be having a "different" route but in the way that it's shorter. Because from my knowledge there are 3 South Wales Coastal routes.
    South Wales Coastal: Bristol - Cardiff (Branded Liveries)
    South Wales Coastal: Bristol - Swansea (Branded Liveries)
    South Wales Coastal: Bristol - Swansea (Currently available with Unbranded Liveries)

If anyone knows where you can get the branded livery version of South Walses Coastal: Bristol - Swansea, please let me know because I have a Class 150/1 that I bought that I'm pretty sure has scenarios for that branded livery version of the route because I own Bristol - Cardiff and Bristol - Swansea (available version) yet no scenarios appear and it says on it's Steam store page that it has scenarios for the South Wales Coastal Bristol - Swansea route and the Class 150/1 was made 4 years prior to the current South Wales Coastal: Bristol - Swansea route being uploaded.

Edit: Maybe the version of South Wales Coastal included with TS 2017 is the Bristol - Swansea Branded Lviery route because the Class 150/1 was released at the end of November, 2016 which is around the time Train Simulator would've been updated to the 2017 version. Either that or it was just a mistake on the Steam page and I am looking too far into things.

Another Edit: I'm honestly not sure which is which. In my DLC management area on Steam it says that I got Bristol - Cardiff at the end of September, 2016. So I am so confused as to which is which.

11. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

To get the scenarios for the 150/1, I ported them over to the new route.
    I need to look on my pc for the link. Basically, copy the scenarios and update the uuid in the properties to point to the new route.
    I have the original South Wales and the full unbranded routes.

12. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I got SWC from Humble Bundle included in one of the older versions of TS but it is only Bristol - Cardiff. Cardiff - Swansea was an extension just like Llandudno - Holyhead was for NWC and was withdrawn.
    I have the 150/1 but I can't use the scenarios for it because according to DTG support the scenarios were for the Cardiff-Swansea extension which is now unavailable.

13. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

That definitely makes more sense now. Thanks for clarifying.

14. Doomotron

I didn't say that. Many doesn't mean all, and the Reseau fits outside of this due to its glitches. I was referring specifically to things like the Class 117 (5 minute fix) or the Class 02 (no idea why it was withdrawn). Obviously they should have fixed it but DTG can do what they want in the end.
    I'll add it, thanks.
    I'll add it.

15. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

It, and the Bristol-Swansea extended version which is a seperate route rather than an expansion, are largely inessential but I think it does get used as a dependency in a lot of Workshop scenarios. The scenarios for the Arriva Trains Wales DMU pack are based in it while the Arriva Trains Wales Class 150/2 scenarios require the Bristol-Swansea version. Like the routes both train DLCs have been discontinued but it would be nice to either have scenarios for the newer route as an update or have unbranded versions back on sale.

16. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

18. Doomotron

19. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

It's easy to do with TS-Tools. I've replaced the withdrawn Virgin 390 with the WCML South version on almost all of them.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Doomotron

Just found that the TestTrak is included in quite a few things. Apparently this bundle works but this page suggests it's included in lots of other DLC. Has anyone experimented with this? I'm assuming the TestTrak is still withdrawn/not available with new versions so this is for those who want it still.

21. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

TestTrak is still part of the base game

22. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

No, you're confusing it with the Academy, which is not a coherent route but three small separate training courses.

TestTrak is not sold separately but is included in the following packages:

22.png

Academy:
    academy.png

TestTrak:
    testtrak.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2022
  23. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Granfield Branch is available on UK Train Sim. The locos and three extra scenarios are not included. I have tried them as a I got my hands on them, and at least two required edits beyond stock. The standalone 111 works in that scenario, however.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I suggest this improved version of Granfield available from the Workshop:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=208219217

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member