PC Wcl Class 37 Issues

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Rudolf, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I played the slow ride scenario and discovered some issues with the class 37. For all, there are workarounds.

1. The keyboard keys to set AWS doe not work properly. First, it uses Shift+Numpad enter, which should be ctrl+Numpad enter, second it only does half of the job. You need to set AWS to unisolated and set the changeover lever on. If you try using the keyboard, the AWS does not work and even worse it keeps the brakes applied.
    2. For some reason the devs decided to set the brakes for a light loco by default in Airbrake goods position. As soon as you couple to the seecows, it switches over to vacuumbrakes goods automatically. I think in the end this is not a very brilliant idea. Especially a scenario is a good place to explain something about the two brake modes and how to set them. The make it worse, when you uncouple the brake mode is switched back to air brake, but it seems not to work well combined with AWS turned on.The VP and VC values are still showing vacuum brakes? I decided to set them back to vacuum, but then I had to leave the cab to set switches and to my dismay the brakes were set again to airbrake.
    3. In the HUD for vacuum brake the brake pipe pressure is shown as 72, which is for air brakes, so this is wrong.

Altogether, you can solve the issues but for beginning players this definitely causes a lot of headache. Please fix these issues.

2. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

1) This is always intentional behaviour to prevent you from being able to get into situations where both cabs have the change end levers on which can never work. The AWS is correctly unisolated when you operate the keyboard commands, at that stage the AWS system is active, but you need to have the Change end lever up. This is the way it has always been on ever single BR loco in TSW.

3) That is correct, the air brake is ALWAYS in use on BR locos, the vacuum brake is slave to the air brake system and is applied proportionally to the air brake system. As such the BP showing 72 is entirely correct. The VP gauge will show the vacuum in the Vacuum brake pipe (VP = Vacuum Pipe). As a driver you have no direct control over the vacuum brake, only indirect control (except in the emergency position when there is a flap which opens to vent the VP quickly).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply. Regarding the AWS you are correct technically, but if you have one key to set the AWS at does only half of it, why do it at all? It is confusing, then it its better to have no key binding. The behaviour where it completely sets up AWS would be consistent with the door opening procedure for e.g. some German trains, where you need to select a side first and the open the door. In this case, both functions are combined in one key.