Wcl

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by photonmonkey, Nov 4, 2021.

1. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I have purchased the route this morning but will not be able to play until this evening, has anyone checked it out now we have the tweaks/fixes and layer is it any good?

2. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

I’ve just had a play through the opening and introduction tutorials.

the route is beautiful from the little I’ve played and the level “clutter” detail in the environment on Penzance station really stands out; feels like they’ve nailed the atmosphere to me.

159 doesn’t rev before moving off, but it’s easy enough to keep it in brake 2, rev to 4+ , then release the break and throttle down.

the brakes are spot on terms of sound… always remember these being loud and screechy and thats been nailed in the sound mixing.

looking forward to a longer run later

• Like Like x 2
  3. photonmonkey

Thanks for the response looking forward to having a play later, this area of Cornwall was a holiday spot for our family back in the day so know the area quite well, fond memories from my early teenage years.

• Like Like x 1
  4. james.caton

james.caton Member

The route looks very nice, had a drive from St. Erth to St. Ives and was going to do a return but the door bug is still there, could not close the doors after they automatically opened by themselves, and also the drivers seat should be down by default. I don't have any problems with the sounds, they are not perfect but I wouldn't call them bad or unplayable. I will have a longer run later.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I had a problem with the doors.

I wasn't aware there was a problem until I encountered it, as I was not going to get it for a while, until I heard about the improvements that is. Anyway I am not one to give up to easy and at 3 am this morning I was franticly trying to complete it so as to get into bed. After trying several things I ended up at the other end of the train and clicked on the door to see if that would shut it. It did so I did the same to the other doors and hay presto, completed. Not ideal but at least it saves a wasting our time doing them for nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. photonmonkey

Finally had a blast this evening and so far loving this route, I was going to buy anyway but have to say the layers really add some depth. I love the BR era so I am in heaven takes me back to my youth ;) seeing the extra rolling stock in sidings etc just adds that more alive feel to the route, just like when the preservation crew did the WSR pass.

• Like Like x 1