Wcml South: Missing Overhead Wires

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Pookeyhead, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

As title... large parts of the route just outside of Euston Railworks64 2020-09-17 23-19-21.jpg has no overhead wires.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Wires are not missing.
    Go in to the Editor and you will see them
    But for some reason the Game is not drawing them quick enough

3. Pookeyhead

Net result being that you don't see any wires. Seriously... do you have nothing better to do except reply to every one of my posts pedantically? You lonely or something?

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Some people reply to every post they feel they can contribute too
    In this case the two things are different. Not being there and not being drawn are two different issues

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pookeyhead

They only differ in as much as knowing how to fix it.. as an end user.. they're not there. I'm assuming DTG already know why they are not there, and I'm pretty certain they weren't waiting for Peter's wisdom before that can fix the issue.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't reply to everyone of your posts - you talk sense in one or two of them.

Go in to the Editor and put a loco on Willesden Shed or Sdgs and take a picture of it stood there.
    I'm interested in seeing a picture of the sidings without wires from a stopped train.

Just because you can not see something does not mean it is not there.

7. ARuscoe

End users differ... In your case in the specific way you drove the route they didn't show (maybe one time, maybe a hundred, you didn't expand) but for others they may show and both views help any devs or engineers reading this post understand what's going on more than one report of "they're missing"
    The beauty of forums is that loads of people can give their view and someone somewhere may make a concensus. The problem with forums is sometimes things come across the wrong way (deliberately or not) and people end up feeling they're being attacked.
    You're not, Peter was giving a different view in his own way.
    But we can all agree that the WCMLs is badly optimised so people WILL get issues with it and better to have them reported than not

8. Pookeyhead

Sorry, Peter literally crops up on almost every post I make, always to find fault, nit pick, raise pedantic points, and basically be a pain in the arse. He's on ignore, and I look forward to these forums being a much more enjoyable experience without having to worry about what semantic nonsense Peter will be bringing up every time I post anything.

9. ARuscoe

So do several other people... Peter and I are both fairly prolific on the site. He does have his mannerisms.
    Enjoy the silence I guess

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I would put a person on Ignore but then I'm not that childish
    I least I know if he has a problem not to reply as he won't see it