We Need More North American Steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buynot, Aug 7, 2018.

?
  1. Yes, we need more.

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, we have enough.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe, it depends on which locomotives.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

Hi, some of you might have noticed that I have been suggesting a lot of steam locomotives in the suggestions section of the forums. I have good reason to be doing this as there is very little North American steam that is available to us. If you were to look at the store right now, you would see that there are 13 steam locomotives available to us, and 3 steam railroads. If you were to take a look at the market for UK steam locomotives you would see that there are 41 steam locomotives available and 13 steam railroads. That's a lot of British steam. I would love to see more US steam in Train Simulator, and yes I am happy with the steam locomotives that we have as of now, but compared to the UK, North American steam is barley represented. I want to see as much North American steam as there is British steam. So I ask that some of my and other users' suggestions for North American steam locomotives be taken into consideration by Dovetail. Thank You for taking the time to read this.[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Katyusha

Katyusha New Member

My hope is that DTG or one of their partners will eventually make the USRA light pacific and light mikado. A whole bunch of different roads used them and they're "generic" enough to fit it basically anywhere in North America, so there's loads of skin options. Plus we could really use some mid-size steam; there seems to be a big bias in favor of very large locomotives when it comes to American content, and the USRA lights would add some variety and additional options since they can be run in a lot of places where big steam can't be.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

I really like that idea, I hope Dovetail takes that into consideration. If you haven't already, you should make a post on the content suggestion section of the forums.