Weather To Make One Laugh

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sharon E, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I have noted this in a number of CRR journey scenarios and just now in service 1A34 on LBM, before it crashed. You find that it is raining hard yet the sky has broken cumulus clouds and the sun is shinning. In CRR would note, since most of its services are in the dark, stars and moon with the ground around the player lite up by that moon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Same in the LIRR M3's journey mode. In many runs it's a snow storm, while the sky is completely clear...

3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I've noticed fog suddenly dissapearing in tunnels and roofed stations on several routes, including Boston-Providence and Dresden-Riesa. This effect looks so strange, as you'll often see a clear blue sky at the end of the tunnel/station, but once you get there, the fog suddenly reappears. It's one of the reasons I barely play with any foggy/rainy weather. Just ruins immersion, so to say.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I believe that's done on purpose so that there is not a white glow in the tunnels, as in the old TSW days.

Cheers

5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yeah, but not sure that's an improvement. Perhaps it is on routes with long tunnels, but it doesn't work well for short tunnels, underpasses and roofed stations. I think I'd have preferred the white glow in tunnels for routes like Dresden-Riesa and Boston-Providence.

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I noticed this on Dresden Riesa. The transition is very abrupt too which makes it all the more noticeable.