Weekly Contest Thought!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unionpacificfan, Aug 20, 2022.

1. unionpacificfan

unionpacificfan Well-Known Member

I feel that the weekly contest for TS Classwic is losing interest by DTG as many of the times it has been solved late.
    Maybe I am wrong but it feels like that.

2. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Enter the unofficial contest, it's way more fun!

• Like Like x 2
  3. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Question! Is that you, steamylocoman?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2022
  4. unionpacificfan

unionpacificfan Well-Known Member

No!
    Who is that?

5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

With most routes they load so fast if you use the Fastload command that you hardly get to see them, especially like now when there's a promotional splash screen up first. By the time that has cleared I'm in the game. I hardly ever see the winning screen shots, and to be honest, because you can't use any third party addons or DLC, they all look a bit dated these days anyway. Personally I wouldn't miss it. I enjoy the unofficial screenshot thread much more, where people aren't restricted to how they can use it. I think if there should be any kind of competition, it should be run on social media where it will actually be a larger audience instead of the really small group of people who take part week in, week out; maybe a quiz or something... doesn't really matter what it is... what I feel is more important, is when you win, you actually win something useful such as discounts on DLC, so new users can actually be helped to increase their collection, as this can all get expensive... fast.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I only see the splash screens for a longer period when I load a non DTG route and stock - like a RSSLO or RailStudio.

7. TrainsAreBest

TrainsAreBest Active Member

It also depends if you've got a potato PC. I do and I usually get to the second or third screen, even when it's a DTG optimised route.

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Fit a SSD. Even old machines respond well to a SSD. Mine was built in 2011.

9. TrainsAreBest

TrainsAreBest Active Member

Already done a couple of years ago. A 256 Gb SSD for the C: drive, holding mostly the operating system, and a 1 Tb SSD for D: on which TSC and other games and applications sit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more, I have voiced my opinion on the Screenshot thread on more than one occasion to no avail.
    I now no longer contribute, as it feels like a total waste of time and effort to set up a possible winning shot to be told "congratulations you are this weeks winner, but we have decided to swap your winning shot for one that won weeks ago"
    It has become a complete lottery on when the winner is decided and also whether it will be displayed on the loading screen.
    I apparently won in week 22 but the shot from week 20 was promoted back to first in place of my winning shot, which never made it to top spot.
    I was fortunate enough to also win week 26 but it wasn't uploaded till the monday of week 27 and replaced 4 days later with the week 27 winner.
    Ironically my winning shot from week 26 instead of falling off the loading screen, has now been promoted back to 2nd place last week.
    The screenshot comp thread used to be taken seriously and invited some amazing shots from a wide range of contributers.
    Most of them no longer contribute
    Also be aware if you complain about the way the comp is run you get a PM from DTG Alex stating we are not allowed to criticise DTG Staff.

11. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I kind of missed when Dmitri used to run the contests, not to mention they promoted the photos more back them by posting to other places such as their Facebook page, so it was seen by more people.

I personally don't take part in the unofficial contests as I don't want to pick a theme or vote on a winner.