Weird Brake Of Br407..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by A11ICN, Jul 22, 2019.

1. A11ICN

A11ICN New Member

20190722164015_1.jpg

Hello everyone. I am having difficulties due to strange breaks.
    I was driving a BR407 train, and although I was braking at 1A, train suddenly braked as if I was braking at VB, which reduced driving quality score when playing career scenario. As you can see in the attached screenshot, despite the 1A stage, there is a big braking, and the indicator showing the driving quality is located in the red area. It seems to be a characteristic of a train, not just an error in the scenario, what should I do?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

I have not had that issue. I will watch for it though. but I have a question for you. Why does the AFB only go up to 160kph.. its almost like the speed is restricted even though I don't have PZB on. just wondering if you can help.
    On the braking issue what route is this?

3. A11ICN

A11ICN New Member

I think LZB should work to get more than 160.
    "Career Scenario" in my post was Frankfurt High Speed. And, attached screenshot was CTRL.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChooChooKeith

are you using Train Mode "O" for the PZB.. or you don't use that and just use LZB. I think you have to activate both though.

5. A11ICN

A11ICN New Member

Yeah, to turn on LZB, PZB must be turned on first, so both must be used.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChooChooKeith

I did that but as soon as I accelerate the train puts on the emergency brakes. Is there something else I am missing on this?

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You are running a German train on a UK Route -
    London to Faversham has TVM430 Signalling and is not compatible with the PZB/LZB of the BR 407

Peter

8. ChooChooKeith

I don't have London to Faversham. From above its being used on Frankfurt High Speed. I am having an issue where the train brakes when the LZB turns off at an approach to say Mannheim specifically. I slowed down under 40 Kph and it started to brake but LZB says ENDE..I would never run a German train on a UK route because of the signaling anyways..

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I was going off the Picture in the First post where the F3 HUD shows the train approaching Ebbsfleet.

When you get to the End of the LZB you need to Acknowledge that with PZB Frei (I think) within 10 seconds
    From page 17 of the Manual
    "For the LZB end procedure, LZB end will be signaled in the cab’s MFD1 with the LZB ‘Ende’ text message, and needs to be acknowledged within 10 seconds. Failure to do so will result in application of the emergency brakes, bringing the loco to a complete stop."

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChooChooKeith

Ok I was making sure I understood that correctly. I thought I had done that before and it did not respond to it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    I also thought the screenshot did not look like Frankfurt but that is what the reference was too I think.
    Thanks again Peter.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

No Problem Keith,

I have been caught out by the LZB Ende a few times so when I now where it is I keep clicking on the button until it responds.
    A spot approaching Leipzig on the route from Berlin usually catches me out. :o

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  12. ChooChooKeith

I had an issue last night running a Hamburg to Hannover and the it took away to get to the LZB signal. so I was on PZB for the whole time until then but when I got to the restrictive points I used those buttons for Acknowledgement and then the other one to clear the notifications but it still gave me the emergency brakes. When I don't use the PZB or LZB and just use the AFB I can only go up to 160kph.. so I guess the train is restricted for that? just learning this train a little more. I have read somethings in the manual but some of it not clear on what to do in some instances. The biggest issue is when the LZB goes off when you approach Mannheim and it shuts the train down for some reason even though I click the acknowledge button.

Thanks
    Keith

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I remember reading that the train is restricted to 160kph with PZB/LZB switched off - not sure where I saw it - maybe another forum.
    I will stick with the HRQ Taurus which I can drive at 230kph with PZB Off and it works on LZB in that mode.

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChooChooKeith

I could drive the ICE 3M or ICE-T as well but I like the 407 .. I drove the Frankfurt High Speed with no Brake stops or anything just really smooth. I drive the 407 on the Munich-Innsbruck route so the 160kph works on that at least.
    I was hoping they might add some more features to these trains like message boards On Board like the U-bahn train models do and the announcements. not sure if they can do this for the ICE trains. Maybe implement the "Informator" which is a separate program in the U-bahn routes.

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Some scenarios on German routes have Announcements.
    The scenario creator puts a marker on the track and as the train passes it an audio file plays.
    It might be an on train announcement of the train approaching a station or information for the driver.

But they are specific to the scenario and the writer has to take time to create these audio files and place the markers.

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  16. ChooChooKeith

I was pointing at the way they did the U-bahn announcements with the program Infomator which comes with the route. I have watched the videos and its pretty neat. But this is the only route I have seen it for other then some UK routes. Also on the U-Bahn trains they have the digital signs that show destination and other elements. just wish there were some others out there for maybe the ice trains but the model would have to be programmed like that.
    What you described is kind of like what you can do in Trainz where you have markers that point to a audio file.
    Love that kind of stuff.

17. A11ICN

A11ICN New Member

Sorry for late answer. I'm serving in South Korea Army...
    Anyway, the problem is with the brakes on the train. I think the brake system is characteristic of the train, not the signal system.
    Although the brake handle is located at 1A, you can see that excessive braking is applied.
    The same error was seen in Frankfurt High Speed.

18. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I think you are relying too much on the indicator on the left and I don't think there is anything wrong with the train
    Just because the train has powerful brakes does not make it a fault

Use the F3 HUD and the Keyboard or the mouse to move the controls

Peter