Welsh Highland & Ffestiniog Railways Route Proposals

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by InstaSim, Jan 16, 2018.

1. InstaSim

InstaSim Member

I know it may take some time before Steam Trains are added into TSW, whether this is next on the agenda or will not be arriving for quite a while, I am very much looking forward to this. Steam Trains also have a great heritage factor to them as well, and what better way to promote Steam Trains than to pair them up with a Heritage Line. It also took DTG a very long time before a Narrow Gauge route was available on Steam, with Corris Railway only arriving to the Steam Store fairly recently (I know there was a route which included Narrow Gauge at some point before this, although, as far as I am aware, this was taken down and it took a very long time before a replacement NG route was available).
    My proposal for TSW is, therefore, to add the Welsh Highland & Ffestiniog Railways to the game. This route would span about 40 miles through the beautiful Snowdonia National Park in North Wales. It would also include challenging gradients along with some of the most powerful NG Steam Locos in existence (The NGG16 Beyer Garratt). With the power that UE4 provides to DTG, I really don't see why the Garratt locomotive wouldn't be possible in TSW. Backdated Train Sim recently released a 3rd Party WH&FR route for TS2018, and they've made a fantastic job of bringing this route to life in TS, however with the limitations of TS2018, there are some things which are missing from the route, although these would, potentially, be possible to replicate in TSW.
    It would also be a chance for DTG to penetrate the Welsh market of routes much quicker than they did for TS, with the first route into Wales only being released in 2016.
    So, would anyone else like to see this route in TSW. Please let me know your opinions in the replies below, I would really appreciate to hear your opinions :)

• Like Like x 7
  2. Karl456

Karl456 Member

I generally support every steam loco route because for me there is nothing greater than standing in such a powerful and impressive, hissing and living machine, a real masterpiece of the art of engineering. So you've got a thumb up!:)
    Furthermore I can imagine that this route will have a stunning and impressive landscape and this makes me support this project, too.;)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

I would like more Welsh NG routes, but not for TSW. Rather for TS2018. Here's why:
    I use Train Simulator 2018 via Porting Kit (Wine) on macOS. But since TSW is made with Unreal, it needs DX11, but DX11 isn't supported by Wine, so even if I had TSW, I couldn't play it.
    But I'm always for Welsh NG routes! Count me in!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThePurpleWind

ThePurpleWind New Member

Now this is a proposal that I approve of :P

• Like Like x 2
  5. InstaSim

InstaSim Member

Thank you all for the kind comments :) very nice to see a general approval of this suggestion. I would also like to answer your replies below:

I really hope this route would have impressive landscape, and in Unreal I suppose this would be even more achievable than in TS2018. Thank you for the support :)

Indeed, I would love to see more NG route (particularly Welsh NG routes) in TS2018. I do know that the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway and Talyllyn are already made, both of these are 3rd party addons however Talyllyn is a paid addon, so if you are able to get your hands on either of them I highly recommend it. I am also looking forward to the future of Welsh NG in TS :)

Thank you for your approval :) hopefully we'll see news about it at some point in the future

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gidbro

Gidbro New Member

I think the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway would be a great route to have, we've never seen it properly done before.

• Like Like x 1