The Sussex Lines Route Development

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by georgefirmage, Feb 17, 2023.

1. georgefirmage

georgefirmage New Member

Hello Everyone!

So some people who may regularly look at the Steam Workshop may have noticed a new route called the West Coastway Line | Brighton to West Worthing. That is my route that I am currently working on to present the lovely West Coastway onto Train Simulator Classic as best as I can get it! As it is my first proper route build I have done on a real railway line some scenery may look bad, but any feedback for scenery is much appreciated! Anyway here are a few screenshots of the development which I share on the Steam Workshop every step of the way.

Desktop Screenshot 2023.02.14 - 22.38.11.61.png Desktop Screenshot 2023.02.14 - 22.55.01.48.png
    The route is meant to be set in as modern day as I can get it (so 2023). To make it easier for me to build the route it is going to be in may versions that will include a new section of the route each time!

V1 - Brighton to West Worthing

V2 - West Worthing to Littlehampton & Ford

V3 - Ford - Bognor Regis

V4 - Barnham - Chichester

V5 - Chichester - Havant

The route may go to Portsmouth Harbour in future for a V6, but at the moment the plan is only to go as far as Havant.

The current way the route is portrayed on the Steam Workshop is in Preview Versions, this is so every time a new piece of scenery is completed from station to station, I can get feedback on it so when the next Preview Version is done, any feedback can be instantly added so the route can be to peoples standards! At the moment the route scenery focuses on Cab View scenery, distant scenery will be added once the first Full Release Version is out!

The route is an extension onto the current London to Brighton route as well so you can create full London to Littlehampton and even more services in future for scenarios.

I hope you enjoy the route and enjoy the progress I am doing!

Attached Files:

2. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

This looks AMAZING - Ive always wanted a West Coastway route. Look forward to seeing more!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  3. ac_freeman

ac_freeman Member

Nice work :)

Andy