West Cornwall Class 37 Timetable Issues?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jeff.engle, Dec 4, 2021.

1. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

I completed Slow Ride scenario for the Class 37 and then switched to the Timetables.

I am having issues with the first two timetable items and wanted to know if anyone has successfully completed them. I did a report on the first timetable here.

For the second timetable entry: 6H10 Truro - Penzance, I was able to drop off the 3 wagons, no problem. Then it was like I had brakes on. I had to apply 30+% power just to move - whereas with the wagons I dropped off I just nudged the throttle a bit and moved right along. When I finally made it to the next three wagons to pick up I could not move (wheel slip) after coupling. It wouldn't even tug them at all.
    • PC/Windows 10
    • Weather: December, Medium participation (snow), medium snow
    • AWS: ON
    • Handbrake released
    • Train Brake Running
    • Loco Brake 0%
    • Wagon handbrakes off
    I'll give it a go again tomorrow - and record it. Anyone complete the timetable runs?

2. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

Is this the brake mode vac/air switching bug? If so there’s a few threads about how to resolve it.

3. jacob.davies1855

jacob.davies1855 Member

Underneath the handbrake in the cab, there should be a lever to empty the vacuum. Do this - it will fix it

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Perfect for the brakes. Thanks jacob.davies1855

5. RetiredPaul

RetiredPaul New Member

I nearly got to the end of this scenario. Then I got to the wait board and contacted the signalman. He told me to set the switches. But which switches?
    I have set a clear path to the next stop location by the fuel point. I have set the switches (points) so that I will be able to run the wagons bak into the siding by just changing the point once I have cleared it. But still more changes are wanted.
    Where are they, and how on earth am I supposed to find them?

6. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Rivet is confusing people with this brake selector auto switching. You just set the braking times with that, nothing more. And on top of that its choosing a position, which might the player not want. No idea what "generic / simple function" honk came up with that silly idea.

The 37 has an exhauster, compressor and a vacuum release valve too. For proper brake application you have to care about all of them, not just this b.s switch

The braking system of uk diesels works good & almost perfect in tsw, also in wcl.

That not everybody understands how the uk dual brake system or train brakes in general works, is an entire different thing.

+30% power is not a bug, sounds to me like wrong brake settings. For Air braked trains your exhauster needs to be isolated, the compressor rate to normal and no vacuum left in your chamber. The duplex gauge has to read zero on both needels.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  7. dunkirk#6809

dunkirk#6809 New Member

Did you ever resolve this?