West Cornwall Local - Sleepy Delivery

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by fatboy#9769, Jan 22, 2022.

1. fatboy#9769

fatboy#9769 New Member

In the above scenario I get the to the part where you have changed ends with the Power Unit and also shut one cab down and gone to the other cab, set it up to pull out the station and it wont go either way cos of wheel slip used the sander on various power settings just keeps wheel slipping, and even tried going backwards with same results, now either I am doing something wrong or there is a fault in the system anyone else come across this problem and is there a work around as I can’t get any further with this scenario, thanks in advance,

Mark

2. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Sorry Mark I cannot help you. Purchased WCL and was shocked that it looks so unprofessional and fictitious that I don’t play it anymore. Rivets recreation of St. Ives and other Cornish locations is disgusting. St. Ives is such a beautiful magical seaside resort and Rivet have made it look like a shabby shanty town. So many Cornish landmarks seen from the real route have unfortunately been totally missed. Rivet were given the opportunity to create something special with WCL and have failed miserably. Shame it was given to another designer.

3. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I haven't done this scenario so I'm not fully aware of what is going on. Is this with the 37 or 150. It sounds like maybe the breaks on the rolling stock are on. I have noticed that the 37 likes to automatically change the break mode when your in it. Very annoying and I'd like rivet to remove it. If so then you'll need to change the break mode back to what it should be and potentially open the vacuume chamber valve to release breaks. I do wish developers would stop making basic functions like selecting the brake mode automatic as when I've done some shunting at Truro I'm constatly correcting things the loco automatically changes. Same for auto PIS on the old german stock. Its quite buggy and I like setting the PIS.
    The vacuume release valuve should be near the second mans seat somewhere around the handbreak I think.

• Like Like x 2
  4. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

When changing ends in the 37 make sure that you set the breaks to shutdown. Conversely it has a habit of jumping from vacuum to air breaks meaning you struggle to move unless you have 6+ throttle.

5. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Well that’s really helpful and answers the question well. :|

• Like Like x 5
  6. fatboy#9769

fatboy#9769 New Member

Well done Dave from Cornwall, went back to original driving position, changed the brakes and works like a treat, I love the Train Sim it has helped and is still helping me through some very dark periods of my life, keep up the good work Dovetail/developers.

Further up the line at the first red light it wont let me pass telling me that I appear to be on the wrong path!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. dave from Cornwall

You probably have taken a wrong path.
    Check the points ahead on the map. You should be able to work out where you should be going!

8. fatboy#9769

fatboy#9769 New Member

Dave, completed all relevant steps, pointing in the write direction and even the distance marker is in the distance in the correct direction even gives me the next stopping point looking at the map, the only thing I have not done is check that I am on the correct side of the double track, however the various parts to this scenario brings me back to the same point every time, this is why I am so puzzled, thanks for the help anyway.

9. dave from Cornwall

There is one Truro to Penzance freight run where, it wont let me complete either. It says denied check points. They are all lined up.

So maybe that is the one you are talking about!

D

10. fatboy#9769

fatboy#9769 New Member

It is I have redone it and the Red light woill not change when you ask the controller he just says that you appear to be on the wrong path.

11. fatboy#9769

fatboy#9769 New Member

Found all that thank you and the 37 moves now, however once moving you come across a red light so I contact the signaller who tells me that I can’t pass as I appear to be on the wrong path. If you look at the map I am on the correct path as the blue line goes directly to the next stopping place, so I have contacted the Technical Dept to see what they can come up with.
    I love the train sim as I have stated below it has and is still help[ing through some very dark times in my life, you are always going to get the people who don’t like it and especially don’t like the West Cornwall track, if that’s the case why do they read these posts and moan, beats me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fatboy#9769

fatboy#9769 New Member

Yes I am sure it is the same one, transporting sleepers and most of the points are manual which can be a little tedious at times.

13. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

I found an “Exhauster Isolation Switch” behind the second man’s chair which released the train brakes, although my BC still reads 5.9 so not fully released (VP is back to 21.0 though)