Out Now West Cornwall Steam Railtour - Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Mar 14, 2023.

1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

[​IMG]

Steam down the coast to Cornwall in a preservation era locomotive with this Route Gameplay Expansion Add-on for West Cornwall Local. Train Sim World 3: West Cornwall Steam Railtour is out now courtesy of Rivet Games!

Read all about the latest add-on in our West Cornwall Steam Railtour article! (Direct link: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live.../article/west-cornwall-steam-railtour-out-now)

Article Images

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great Western Add-ons Bundle

[​IMG]

Players on Steam can add more routes and locomotives at a discounted rate on Train Sim World: Compatible content linked to the Great Western Railway with the Great Western Bundle. The bundle includes 3 routes and up to 9 locomotives and units:
    • West Cornwall Local: St Austell – Penzance & St Ives, featuring the Class 150 DMU and Class 37/5 locomotive.
    • Great Western Express: Reading - London Paddington, featuring the GWR Class 166 and Class 43 HST.
    • Diesel Legends of the Great Western: A period locomotive pack for Great Western Express featuring the Class 52, Class 101 and Class 08 in BR Blue.
    • West Somerset Railway: Bishops Lydeard - Minehead, featuring a preserved Class 47 and Class 09 locomotive.

• Like Like x 5
  2. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Never mind new steam route how about fixing 150/2 completely insulting to release something on same route when train on there not even half fixed

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Has a patch for PS5 and other consoles been released yet to choose any 101 on West Cornwall Local?

4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Anyone given this a try?

5. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

6. steedy#6132

steedy#6132 New Member

Nice add on, but one or two slight issues.
    Why is there two tail lamps on the end of the Mark1s as same on SoS? Should only be one tail lamp.
    The AWS bell rings for far too long.
    Plus the OLE warning signs on the rear of the tender and near the front running plate are too big.
    Other then that a cracking dlc

• Like Like x 1
  7. ronaldmack

ronaldmack New Member

I am having an issue getting the train to appear in timetable. I am on PS5 and there is nothing coming up when I click timetable. The loco dosnt show up. All I have are the scenarios. How do I fix this?

8. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Im not a particular fan of the rusty valve gear on the liveries either. There's no way they'd be that rusted on preserved locomotives like these. But apart from that I totally agree from what I've seen!

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Um, why would an LMS locomotive be running in Cornwall? That was Great Western territory.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ngc427

ngc427 Active Member

The idea is that it's a restoration railtour type deal. Not meant to represent the line as it was, just a fun "what-if" excursion run on the route with a restored Jubilee.

11. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

When Creator's Club freeware liveries can be on-par, if not better than the official DLC ones, you know it's bad. Two times in a row now, this pack and the UP heritage ones are such low quality.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. TripleJ814

Adding onto the above...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    - Why is the thickness of the lines so inconsistent on the livery
    - Why are the Danger decals so beat up on whats supposed to be a preserved loco?
    - Why are the rods on the side of the locos so rusty? Again on what's supposed to be a preserved loco.

Jasper_Rivet ?

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. TripleJ814

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last mention...
    Is the British Railways logo supposed to be like this? (genuine question as i'm not really familiar with BR). I drew some straight lines in Paint, and the logo used on the loco is not "straight"

(disclaimer: the first image is extracted straight from the pak file using FModel, the second image is the same one, however edited by me in Paint to add the pink guidelines to show how bad it is.)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  14. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

There goes my money off the table. For a livery DLC the liveries should at least look good.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

Oh wow. That texture maybe was a photo once, hence the reflection. And therefore the wierd angle / shape.

16. TripleJ814

Agreed, I refunded it myself as well.

How stuff like this and the UP Heritage Collection is allowed to release in the states they're in are beyond me.
    Indeed it is a snapshot of a photo. Not a great way to make a payware livery.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I suspect there was no current vector graphic file available for such an old logo or livery, as was the case with the Swiss GE4/4 anniversary liveries. That's why these textures look so great. I.e. you would first have to recreate the entire logo in Illustrator, although a high-resolution photograph of the original logo on the original locomotive would also work. Clearly the light reflections are annoying at the end, if necessary you could retouch them in photoshop, which is also very tedious. Nevertheless, such DLCs bring more variety, just because of the steam locomotives and scenarios.

Still, it's good to know that comparisons like this immediately make Creators Club liveries more appreciated. ;)

18. TripleJ814

They still could’ve taken the effort to edit that texture in Photoshop to straighten it and make the colours more accurate, especially the black where the British Railways text is. Considering it’s payware.

The two different shades of Black and the reflection visible in the texture looks horrible.

• Like Like x 3
  19. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

You forgot two really bad ones the red stripes one the black loco start to break as you move away from the loco and the yellow strip just behing the crimson locos stack broken even when looking at it close up.

20. SHINO BAZ

Whats the glasgow railtour like it says theres one with the black jubilee and 2 with the 37/5 yet in the scenario planner theres no 37/5 with coaches,so do you need glasgow to get it to appear there?

21. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I wonder if you can run this on other routes as a matter of fact
    This was based on the 28-30 April 2022 steam rail tour & 2001

22. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Only seen one with the 37/5 on WCL.
    1655 off Penzance.
    Make sure you use the WCL 37 and not Tees Valley as it wont show up if you use TVL.

Hentis

23. SHINO BAZ

Found it "empty carrage move not railtour.

24. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

It's an early morning Edinburgh-Fort William railtour via Glasgow Queen Street, the return is Glasgow-Edinburgh in the evening. I like them.

• Like Like x 2
  25. PAFC47760

PAFC47760 Member

Would it have really hurt, to put some ai traffic in on the scenarios.
    Loads of empty sidings too

26. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

There are piles and piles of recreations of the cycling lion online. Copying one of these recreations would be perfectly legal.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I enjoy this DLC. I would like a little more services, but I'm happy with this. I have no regrets about the money spent. Many thanks to the guys from Rivet for their work! I hope there will be more content like this.

• Like Like x 2
  28. PAFC47760

PAFC47760 Member

Where's all the ai traffic and whats with all the empty sidings ?

29. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Finally got round to buying this, mainly for the layer on to MML.

It’s not bad but really who thought just five coaches would be enough for a Railtour? Presents zero challenge really. There’s a certain irony too that the Jubilee on such a light load accelerates better than the hobbled 150, on the climb out of Truro.

Could someone look at revising the consist size, to at least Load 8. 5 coaches in reality would barely generate enough revenue to cover the costs of operating the train.

• Like Like x 1