Train Sim World 3 West Midlands: Wolverhampton - Walsall

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by amnesiac, Mar 23, 2023.

1. amnesiac

amnesiac New Member

I mentioned this when the Cross City was announced as I think it's got more operational variety (although I am a fan of the Class 323).

This would of course include the Class 350 as a mandatory piece of Rolling Stock as they operate the local and regional LNR/WMR services over both lines. Optional passenger services of Class 196, Class 390, Class 220/221 and TfW Class 158/150 could be options with 158/150 either already in game or soon to be in game. Class 323s no longer operate on these services but can be included due to Soho Depot being on the Stour Valley line just north of Birmingham.

Stations
    Wolverhampton ( Platforms 1-5 can be used)
    Coseley
    Tipton
    Dudley Port
    Sandwell & Dudley
    Smethwick Galton Bridge
    Smethwick Rolfe Street
    BNS
    Duddeston
    Aston
    Witton
    Perry Barr
    Hamstead
    Tame Bridge Parkway
    Bescot Stadium
    Walsall (all platforms)

Services

Wolverhampton - Walsall Stopper: Class 350s solely operate these as a single unit. Regularly from Platform 5 at Wolves to Platform 3 at Walsall (Majority of services). Class 323s used to operate these and could be used in a more classic timetable to make the most of the route. Out of course events could include services terminating at Tame Bridge Parkway and missing Bescot Stadium towards Walsall.

Birmingham New St - Liverpool Lime Street: 8 car 350 services stopping at Smethwick Galton Bridge and Wolverhampton. Operationally could use the UDS feature like real life services for the short platform. On the return services you can also get routed via Heath Town and through Bescot at the other end of the route and/or back across via the Perry Barr/Soho junctions.

Birmingham New St - Crewe: 4 car 350 service that can use platform 4C at BNS. Can also be an 8 car service that uses Heath Town, stopping at Tame Bridge Parkway on the Chase Line before going direct to BNS.

Birmingham New St - Rugeley Trent Valley: 4 car Class 350 arriving from Birmingham International that goes towards Walsall, stopping at Tame Bridge Parkway and using Platform 1 & 2 at Walsall.

For background train layers, you also have the option of 323 services from Birmingham New St through to Aston where they venture off down the Cross City. Class 350s also on Northampton, Milton Keynes Central and London Euston Services going via Grand Junction.

Other Operations

Soho Depot: Gives you the option of using a Class 08 which is already in game. 323 & 350 stock movements

Wolverhampton Steel Terminal: Class 60s are used on these trains so could be another option, but for ease a Class 66 could be used. Shunting options here and scenario potential.

Bescot Yard: Plenty of shunting options. Class 08 can be used, lots of Class 66 action with a variety of FOC options.

General freight trains can also be used along both sides of the line as well as stock movements through Walsall with the newly released ROG 37800 already in game.

Final Thoughts

Whilst I was excited with a Midlands route in the BCC and a good 323 in game, I was disappointed that it was the one route with very little variety other than Cross Country diversions on Cross City North. I feel this is the more suitable choice of a Birmingham based route due to variety of passenger and freight services and potential DLC options on top (TfW Class 150/158 an easy start and London Midland 323/350). The one benefit of the BCC is that 3 of the stations on this route are already modelled and could potentially be crossed over, with some of the more difficult track work at BNS, Proof House and the Vauxhall Flyover/Vauxhall Chord already completed.

Also as an aside, I wouldn't mind seeing the Trent Valley Line in game either, much like in Train Simulator Classic.

• Like Like x 3