West Somerset Railway: A List Of Stuff I Think Could Be Improved, Changed, Or Added

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Sep 15, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Part 3 of My "Thing that could be Improved, Changed or Added" series, today we Talk about WSR, This route recently had a Fairly Major Update that added new stuff to the Timetable, added a neat walkie Talky, and a few other things, but I Fell like they are not done working on it, like the lack of Livery Designer, and a couple other Nit picks, anyways lets continue, starting with,

Locos:
    BR Class 47 Green:

Ah yes the Original Class 47, controls feel Slightly different then the Blue 47 on NTP, but thats a Minor Nitpick compared to
    Sounds, the game claims it uses the Same Sulzer 12LDA28C as the Blue 47 but it sounds Completely Different, and looking at Videos, and comparing them the Blue 47 seemingly has the Right sounds, I Dont mind the Horn change however,
    One cool thing would be for The named 47s to be Added here, like D1991.
    I would also like to see the ability to change the Headcode.

BR Class 09:
    tbh I have to use the 09 more, I just use the 08 on this route because it auto brakes at 25 the Max speed of WSR, I will use it a Bit more and update this.
    One thing I Can tell you now, add dual brakes on this Loco.

BR Class 33:
    the Class 33 is Nice, IMO Along with the 47 and the 52 the Ability to use them on Railtours on East Coastway, SEHS, Cathcart and more, I Havent played with this loco much as well, but more then the 09, a Journey for this loco would be nice as well.

BR Class 52 Red:
    Ill be honest here I dont own the Class 52 Yet, but when I do and try it out ill update this.

Rollingstock:
    BR MK1:

The MK1 Is a nice Piece of rollingstock, Main complaint, Gangways dont move, that may be a Nitpick but it can be Noticeable on tight Turns, like that out of Minehead.

Timetable:
    as Previously mention the Timetable got a fairly Big update, and honestly its really good, the new Statics, the sheer amount of locos now Usable, the new services, but I think there could be a Bit more,
    3-car DMU Services:
    if its Possible a couple services using the 3-car Class 101 sets would be nice.
    Shunting:
    shunting services with the MK1s using the 09/08/33/20 would be nice where you have to form a train for later services.
    Allow the MK1 BG To appear in place of the BSO Sometimes:
    A Cute touch would be for the MK1 BG From NTP/DL To Substitute in place of the MK1 BSO That Normally appears it would be Rare but IRL The WSR Has a BG Converted to hold up to 12 wheelchairs, it may not be the right Paint but it would be a Lovely little detail, Brakes are not an Issue the BG has Dual Brakes.
    MK2 Services:
    The MK2s from NTP Can bring a couple services using them, this one doesnt have to happen but it would be cool, also to note the MK2a in NTP and DL Are Air braked exclusively, however if Original MK2s with just Vacuum brakes ever come along they can Rarely appear in place of MK1s used normally on WSR which have Vacuum Brakes.
    Mainline Layers at Norton Fitzwarren:
    Wsr Passing Mainline Traffic Layer | Dovetail Games Forums

That should explain it all.

Route Related stuff:
    The Collectibles:

I did them all, my only complaint is that one collectible located out in the Middle of Nowhere.
    Other then that now real Complaints about the Actual route.

End:
    And that was Part 3 of this series, anything you think that could be Improve, Changed or Added to WSR? Let me know and I may add it, Disagree with something I said? Thats your Opinion and wont effect my Opinion.
    Anyways thanks for reading this far and see you in 3-5 Months for Part 4 I May or may not talk about Peninsula.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Almost missed that thread :).

Overall i enjoy the route with its different services, which have a cool variety since the preservation update. I only have 2 points, which should be adressed in the next update of wsr:

1. Class 47 br green
    It seems they use different sound files from the blue and green 47. (The 3d model isnt exactly the same because the headcode and front light).
    So they should port over the sounds from the nrp br blue 47 because it convinces you that you are pulling a heavy train.
    With the green it seems its sounding the same over and over..just poor.
    The other thing on the 47 (both types), they could make the vacuum release valve working.

2: class 09
    Compared to the class 08 its features are just poor. (In real the only difference is the gearbox, which allowes it a speed of 25mph)
    I dont like to drive the cl09 because it lacks all the elements (brake selector, exhauster selector, lights....)

• Like Like x 2