West Somerset Railway: Class 115

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Sep 16, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

The BR Class 115s are 4-Car DMUs built by BR Derby, The WSR Owns 2 Operational DMBSs with 1 more being Restored, they also own 1 TC, Modified to have a Buffet Counter, of course we can fictionally expand there 115 roster, Regular TCs would be nice to see, The WSR Units come in BR Green
    BR Class 115.jpg

Services:
    These units would Essentially expand on the New DMU Services brought on by the Recent Timetable Update, bringing 3/4-Car services, the 4-car services can be brought onto the 101s by having 2 TSOs in a 101 set for these services, these units are also Compatible with the Class 101 so services where 2 DMU Sets are connected can be Possible.

End:
    Thats it really the 115s are Simple DMUs but can add something to WSR, Thats it im out.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

See, now, my thought process would probably have gone:
    "I think I might suggest the Class 115 for WSR" ... "Has anybody already suggested that?" ... [quick search] ... "Yes, yes they have." ... "I'll add my thoughts to one of those instead" ...

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/tsw2-class-115-for-west-somerset-railway.41264/
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/west-somerset-railway-class-115-dmu.22799/

Regardless, I'm not sure how much use I'd make of that - I barely touch WSR these days, even after the prettying up by the preservation team. Nice picture, mind. :)

3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I'll gladly pay to have Class 115s. Would also be useful if we ever get a Chiltern route.

• Like Like x 1