What Are Your Thoughts On Train Sim Achievements?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Nov 15, 2019.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Just wondering where people sit on these?

I’ve started chasing a few of them (gronk on the go and powerhauler) and they seem such a grind / borderline boring. When you look at how many people have them it seems hardly anyone can be arsed.

The 1660 miles in a class 166 as well..... seriously...? 51 times up and down that route....

What do people think and how could they be made better?

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think that on the whole they're fine and if you play through the journeys you'll find yourself a good chunk of the way to most of them. On LIRR for example, I thought 700 miles in the M7 would take forever, but I'm over 900 now (and screwed for the Mastery challenges!) and have done the distance in the HST and 66 too. There are a few, like you say, which do seem a bit excessive just to get the train number into the value, but I try to mix things up, drive all the routes I have and then only worry about the trophy when it's within range to start focusing on one route in particular. Just have long term goals in the back of your mind; I make sure I always have SIFA active on the German routes so the 500 alerts trophy will hopefully pop eventually!

• Like Like x 1