What Button For Sifa ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by HappyBasher, Sep 9, 2021.

1. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

Just started driving the new Riesa-Dresden route and turned on SIFA and PZB. At the first sifa alarm the circle button didn't do anything nor did the Q key on attached keyboard - is this a fault or is there now a new button for this ? PS5 if it makes a difference. Driving the "DVT" rather than the loco

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  2. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

I have no problem with SIFA on the controller (circle button) or the keyboard (Q) (on PS5). The button/key has not been changed. However, I have a problem with acknowledging PZB on the controller. I know the button has changed, but I don’t find it.

3. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

So far I'm finding the circle button is working for both sifa and pzb dynamically as required and it's working well.

Keyboard controls remain as they are and are also working for me.

4. HappyBasher

Hmm OK probably doing something really daft, thanks for replying. I'll try again tomorrow

5. HappyBasher

OK I've had another go and confirm that my problem is just in the "BR 766.2 Introduction" - this key seems to have been disabled for this tutorial. It lets you turn sifa on but not cancel it! Ran a random timetable with the 767 and pressing Q did show the message SIFA pressed on the HUD.

6. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I always try to get through tutorials exactly as the words say and leave out sifa and pzb. The tutorials are certainly not expecting them to be used, and in fact on some older routes going 'off-script' as it were could make the tutorial unfinishable (although I think pres team have been working hard to fix those)

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

Yes, do not turn on PZB and SIFA in the tutorial. The tutorial is not designed to use safety systems (PZB, SIFA, Alerter, AWS, etc.). It can lock out some buttons and one of them is the circle button which will prevent you to acknowledge the safety system.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. HappyBasher

Fair comment thanks both; however I'd have thought if they are locking out controls, they should lock out ctrl-enter and shift-enter as well to stop people like me! :)

9. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me and I put it on the technical forum but I am finding a common denominator with some issues it seems…. Did you start your journey on foot HappyBasher ?

10. HappyBasher

No, it was the next item in the default "journey"

11. DaVeTheDaVer

DaVeTheDaVer Member

Circle butto also not work for me on Dresden riesa

12. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

Unfortunately this is a bug as I have had same problem on Xbox series x in dostos. I can acknowledge PZB with either B Button which is same as circle button on play station or q button on keyboard. Pressing the button on either keyboard or controller doesn’t acknowledge sifa but only in the dostos. It works fine in all other locos on this route. I also am using immersion controls.