What Could Come In A Future East Coastway Preservation Update

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ben#4827, Dec 11, 2021.

1. ben#4827

ben#4827 Well-Known Member

In this post I am suggesting what could come to the future of the east coastway with a preservation update or extension.

I'm going to start with most likely he most anticipated and that would be an extension to Ore, or Ashford International. If DTG were to do this I would doubt they would do Ashford.

This extension would bring good opportunity for DLC and layers. The most important would be the class 171 DMU. This unit today runs services from Eastbourne to Ashford International but in the game as far as Ore. The class 171 used to run as far as brighton but stopped roughly a few years ago. If players owned the southeatern high speed route then they would see class 375 layers between west st leonards and Hastings and Ore sidings.

If for some reason DTG didn't add the extension to Ore then there could still be great opportunity for the class 171 to run on the coastway. As seen before DTG have the capability of creating different timetables for different years. For example, the diesel legends of the great western. The timetable can be set back to 2015 to see services rining from Brighton to Eastbourne. The 313 would still be a part of this route and opens up 1 other opportunity.

That opportunity being modeling Hove to create Hove shuttle services.

I would 100% buy any of the new things I have suggested and hopefully others would aswell which would catch the eye of DTG

• Like Like x 2
  2. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Not sure what else could be added as it's a fairly self contained route. Maybe layers for the 387 Gatwick Express as AI and the 166. A few additional freight services using the class 37 or 20 would be nice.