What Countries Does Tsw2 Need / Need More Of?

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by davidus#4217, Apr 13, 2022.

?
  1. No, TSW2 should stick to the 3 main ones (Germany, United Kingdom and United States)

17.2%
  2. Kinda yes, we should add more of France

24.1%
  3. Kinda yes, we should add more of Canada

10.3%
  4. Yes, we should add Australia

24.1%
  5. Yes, we should add Italy

20.7%
  6. Yes, we should add Japan

20.7%
  7. Yes, we should add the Netherlands

27.6%
  8. Yes, we should add Czechia / Czech Republic

3.4%
  9. Yes, we should add Argentina

3.4%
  10. Yes, we should add Poland

10.3%
  11. Yes, we should add Hungary

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Yes, we should add Denmark

3.4%
  13. Yes, we should add Austria

27.6%
  14. Yes, but my favorite country isn't stated above

13.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. davidus#4217

davidus#4217 Well-Known Member

I know this has been done multiple times but I've decided to post this because it hopefully shows DTG what the community wants and hopefully DTG will then attempt to make it happen.

The options are based on one of the following:
    - Whether the country has been suggested regularly before on reddit / forums

- Whether the country has some livery submissions on the Creators Club
    (I searched for country name and name of the major operator of the country)

Everyone can vote for 3 options in order for it to not just be a popularity contest of which country has the most players. If the country you'd like to see added most is not one of the options then you can comment it below.

You can always put the specific route you'd like to see in the comments below, I'm curios to read them.

2. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

Definitely the countries that are present in tsw but have one route (or maybe two) need more love (France, Canada, Switzerland). But IMHO everyone would happily welcome any new territory

• Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Austria because ÖBB have certain services that will change existing German routes. Uses same PZB Sifa as existing German routes High Speed Lines like Schnellfahrstrecke Wien St Polten Linz use ETCS LZB
    Australia various Track Gauges and Urban operations
    Netherlands has unique Rolling Stock and different train Protection Systems can be introduced with Duisburg-Amsterdam Line via Arnhem Zevenaar.
    Trains on that route must be capable of using Multiple Voltages 25kv 50hz Zevenaar-Emmerich 15kv 16.7hz Emmerich-Duisburg Hbf if merged to HRR Emmerich to Bochum Eherenfeld Gbf. 1.5kv DC Amsterdam to Zevenaar.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

The problem is that until they have many 3rd parties, if they do too many countries there will be less routes in each country, which many people will complain about, and dovetail knows that these three main countries have a good following and where most customers are.

• Like Like x 1
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I feel like the most DTG could realistically do is a bit more in Canada and then a couple more countries in Europe. Austria comes to mind, considering the appearance it had in Train Simulator.

Countries like Japan, China and Australia would likely depend on an appropriate 3rd party showing up, same with places such as South Africa.
    Countries in Europe, France, Italy, Austria and the Netherlands would all be good progressions - France has already featured, and would be good to get a commuter/regional route, perhaps around Paris or in the North - Italy has so much potential, as does the Netherlands, if licenses for the operators in either could be gained. And Austria ties into Germany quite nicely, with a similar set of safety systems and infrastructure, and trains running between often.

• Like Like x 1
  6. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

The one I would want the most would be New Zealand, but unless the 3rd party which did the one in TS classic came to TSW2 (which I highly doubt will happen), I don't think it will ever come. The other countries I would like to be in the game is Australia or the Netherlands. Australia because I've been there a couple times and I really enjoyed their railways. Netherlands because they operate so many different trains and have really beautiful cities and stations and they can also layer on german trains.

• Like Like x 1