What Do You Think About Cane Creek After The 2 Streams?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by grdaniel48, Jul 5, 2021.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I am not sure about Cane Creek, because it is long, it have the challenge to handle a heavy train on grades - which I likes very much -, but it has a problem about entertainment: it is single track. So no wait for other train, no other trains passing by, or causing some delays - i.e. with a red light due to a train ahead

Yes the scenery is really beautiful. But I believe after some runs, when you get used to it, it not will be a point.
    Furthermore it is a pity there is no much differences with the CSX locos. Sounds, horns, the reflectives at the side, etc.

One disappointed thing mentioned, it was no new US heavy freight locomotives are being considered for the near future.
    We have just one model: the AC44CW.
    Several have been requesting the EMD ones as a SD70ACE.
    At least now with the right trucks, make the ES44AC which is the same base as the current one, but with bigger radiators and other changes. For example to have the headlight and / or the numbers above the front windows.

What do you think?

2. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Only one to two trains a week scheduled on the line so its mot really a busy route.
    Locos are correct for the the route
    The up ac4400 model has been modified from the SPG ac4400 correct for Union Pacific version. The sound is an issue to some. It Doesn't really bother me much. Although if they released a deltic with a class 37 engine then yeah I might be a wee bit annoyed.

The UP SD40 and AC4400 both sub in on Sandpatch grade as well.

Regards
    Hentis

3. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Thank you antony for your replied.
    Yes I know there is only 2 trains per day, so the fact DTG decided to have more, it is better for me.

Another issue I noticed, is the loading process.
    It is not as accurate as SPG.
    Loading is faster - so it requires higher speed to the locomotive, which is unusual for this process - , but also the wagons shows like to 2 humps on top when loaded, but the process is continuous!.
    So that is not possible. Then looks unreal.
    Do not understand why they simply make the same process as coal on SPG but for a smaller freight car.
    Even considering those are not real for the route, as there are used a kind of containers.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

To be honest I really wouldn't worry about it. If your still unsure then watch a couple of more streams from people that will actually have it .

Not just on on system but across all 3 consoles.
    I hope to stream the route early Thursday morning and Thursday night*. You don't need to make up your mind right away so to speak.

If your still not sure then don't buy it.

* shamless youtube channel plug
    Youtube.com/hentisd6569

Hope this helps.

Hentis

5. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

Not for me , if I want to see scenery like that then I’ll dig out “red dead redemption”.

• Like Like x 1