What Do You Think About The Tsw2 Delayed Launch Date?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by grdaniel48, Jul 17, 2020.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

DTG has announced TSW2 will be launched on August 20th instead, due to community claims about Preserved Collection be included on the new game for the Scenery Planner.

Of course I agree about the request of the community, and DTG listen to it and accepted. This is great!
    But DTG has announced this will be made on different steps, so at different dates in the coming months.
    This is logical due to, there are lot of routes and locomotives to work on for this purpose.

Furthemore after all the great images, videos, and features were announced and showed by DGT about TSW2, which routes and trains would you like to drive right now? In my case the new ones!
    This is due to I have been using all my routes for a long time. New routes are different from what we have previously!. Even there will be new features on them.

Then, for all the above mentioned reasons, why not keep the TSW2 launch date on August 6th, and then when the first group of DLC be ready, 2 weeks later just make a software update for it?
    As we usually had in the past updating the software.
    Or there is in this case a different technical issue?...

Please share your comments.

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They obviously need the extra two weeks for something. They’ve told us it’s so they can make further adjustments to the preserved content so we can assume that’s the main reason.

I have a theory as to what might be happening but it’s just a thought. There may have been plans to fully upgrade certain trains for extra service layers using TSW trains as and when they were needed for new TSW2 routes and leave the rest as preserved content with no upgrades for new features. That’s then changed to upgrading all of the preserved collection, including their native routes, to use the scenario planner but not fully upgrading any of the stock with adhesion and such when included in new routes, as it will be in a partially updated form already and perfectly useable. This would keep the workload about the same for the preserved collection overall but the first batch has needed the extra two weeks to fit in with the new approach. That’s purely a guess by the way, I might be way off.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

If it means a more polished result, then let the craftsmen have more time. There's plenty to keep us occupied in the meantime.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Could be worse, could be delayed months! More than happy to wait 2 weeks. It's good they listened to it's customers too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

The end result for TSW2 will be better for anyone that has invested in any previous DLC. In my case, this makes TSW2 about ten times better than TSW, because all of the locos will eventually be free to use on any route that you own. AND you can plot them into any route with any other AI traffic of your choice using the Scenario Planner. It will be possible to have an actual Diesel Gala on WSR with a dozen diesel locos - and walk around it and take photos..... ;-)

You could do the same thing at Cologne - a German electric fest..... maybe even get the DB BR 204 to move some stuff around....

You could organise a race between any locos you like on any suitable four-track sections, like out of Paddington.

Or... you could just be sensible.... if you must....

I fully 100% support the delay. This is a very welcome change in approach at DTG - get it right first time - and it will save time and angst in the long run, to make sure that there is enough time to test things and make sure that they work. Assuming that the change in policy on allowing QuickDrive to be implemented on all locos, was in fact a change in plan (and not some genius under-deliver over-promise marketing whizz trick...), then DTG have actually changed their plans... and need time to adjust. Two weeks delay is nothing, in the broad scheme of things.

As an aside, I am sure that my two week prediction to free up all legacy locos to work on TSW2 below is purely coincidence.... ;-)

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...atch-grade-questions.23932/page-2#post-147917

• Like Like x 2
  6. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Well, if not here where else I thought, as I wanted to ask a question:
    DTG moved the release date to 20th August tob bring in the preserved collection to the scenario Editor.
    But what about the livery editor?
    Will we be able to design the trains from our preserved collection in the livery editor?
    I would like to design my own Br185 cargo locomotive ;)
    And what about the freight waggons?
    Will we be able to design them to?
    Cheers!

7. Plastic Pal

The answer that I got on the Livery Editor is no. I suspect that this is also a long-term no, which is a shame. But it is understandable.

I think it might genuinely be quite difficult to retro-build legacy loco models.... to be used as paintable 3D objects in a livery editor.... as they are quite complex structures to project designs (decals) onto... and to do it cleanly... and easily. Seriously - the existing models might well be a serious pain to work on, if they have not been constructed with a livery editor in mind.

However.... the creative opportunities in the future are still immense. The ICE will be given a free run on RSN in September.... why not make a special red and blue Mr Fuzzy Widow Maker roller-coaster livery for the ICE to mark the occasion.... That's my plan, anyway.... ;-)

Fuzzy The Cat Widow Maker.png

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  8. grdaniel48

Hi, thanks for your comments about it.
    As I mentioned it is clear and reasonable they need more weeks to modify the preserved collection in order to work directly on TSW2.
    This is great without doubts!
    But my point is referred specifically why do not launch TSW2 at the originally planned date, and then 2 weeks later we receive - as always- the software upgrade for the sim, including the first batch of Preserved Collection.
    This have 2 benefits: You can start using the new trains and route, earlier and when expected, then 2 weeks later as community requested, you could start using the Preserved Collection.

9. grdaniel48

As to the Scenario editor, I would like to know how it will be the case for Sand Path Grade, as you do not have platforms there!...
    So how you will select the place to start and end it?
    Maybe you can select it directly from the map...
    Regarding the Livery editor, I believe it will be only about locomotives. This in order to have more liveries apart from the ones included in the game. In case of freight cars and wagons, I guess you could only repaint the ones available, so they will change for all routes. You could not have both. The original plus your repaints as the locomotives.
    I think that, due to they mentioned we can not create consists, DTG will do it, so there will be no chance to ask them, to make your personal consist including the freight car repaints.
    Hope this can be possible too!

10. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

14 days of delay is nothing for what they are bringing us with the preserved collection. If it is getting dificult to make new routes because the covid19 lockdown it is a good time to work on preserved collection issues and update stuff...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I think you can pick sidings too.

12. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Shouldn’t this be on off topic

And I think they did the right thing delaying the release date since it shows they care about TSW2.

13. Sumit

Sumit Member

[removed by Protagonist]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2020
  14. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

I mean, I don't mind that its delayed. I feel that it is for the better than just releasing it with game breaking bugs (if their are any). I am patient so it dosent matter if things are delayed for me.

15. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

YES

• Like Like x 1
  16. grdaniel48

Unlimited Magic, I included it here, due to it is a suggestion about to keep the original launch date anyway.
    The reason of the change is not directly the point.
    I would like to clarify I am not an anxious person, and I can wait the extra 2 weeks.
    But I would like to have the new routes first, and then use the preserved collection, as we have been running on them for a long time yet.

17. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Face it the delay doesn't need to happen,and most of us know that but won't admit it.
    But this may only be the 1st tsw2 delay,what will you say if tsw2 gets delay again?
    Like what if it get delayed until sept 20th?Btw dtg record of releasing fully tested new content,is on very thin ice.

18. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I personally have no issues with delaying the launch of TSW 2 in order to fold in most (if not all) of the legacy routes into the new scenario planner- that’s a good enough ‘trade’ in my book. But even if they weren’t delaying the game to fold in these legacy routes, and had some other good reason to delay it (like improving routes, core game function, significantly reducing bugs that reach players, etc), I’d be good with that too.

As anyone, I just expect something in return for the delay- that makes the wait worth it.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

wait very longtime tsw2

20. Plastic Pal

I would be very very happy if DTG delayed release of TSW 2 until 20th October, or 20th November.... And made sure that they got in all the content that they had promised.... and tested it to make sure that it works. Why not try to get it right first time..... this time?

And since they are doing something unusual with dual rights to variations of DLCs across two titles... I think it would be a good idea for DTG to test out all of the installation permutations.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Of course they will.

22. Plastic Pal

Sorry - I forgot to add - including for consoles. To make this clearer.... some of the variables are:

1. What version (if any) of TSW was initially installed: none (straight to TSW2)/ Founders/ GWE/ MSB/ Collectors/ etc
    2. Disc only/ Online only/ Disc then Online/ Online then Disc then Online/ etc
    3. TSW2 installed followed by TSW installed
    4. TSW installed and then uninstalled and re-installed and then TSW2 installed
    5. Ability to run TSW and TSW2 concurrently, and various permutations of installation and unistallation of either title
    6. Buying a TSW DLC under TSW2, and then uninstalling TSW2 and wanting to use the TSW DLC on TSW
    7. XBox specific issues, like status of DLC under GamePass (or on PS4 if they do a PSPlus version of TSW, or TSW2)

That sort of thing.... With consoles. On Steam this stuff is dead easy. Not so easy on consoles.

We will see what happens. As I said - this is fairly unusual - it's potentially really quite tricky to identify every permutation. But then again - the answer could be fairly easy (like Steam).