What Do You Think Dtg Department Heads Do At Offical Meeting?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Jan 31, 2023.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

There are alot of topics on the various issues with TSW routes trains and supporting items and equipment and we can't forget fluff.When Matt and his department heads discuss these issues do you think they approach the problems with a disire to correct them soon or just put them on the back burner most of them and try to fix the most glaring ones and just note the rest for later as minor issues.Because it clear somewhere along the chain of command issues and technical problems are being allowed to slip by and left to linger unresolved for awhile or seemingly forever.
    Do you think the biggest thron in DTG side is the whole time crunch and release date requirements.because that always seems to lead to routes releasing in never fully ready to go states.How can a company stay at the forfront of a business like this while they continue to alienate even there stances supporters.

It's clear even fixes cause as many potential new issues as they may fix.Testing seems to be the thing that needs the biggest boost but so do the people who are in charge of fixing.

DTG got a great opportunity to tap into a market underserved on console at least.Theres money to made lots of it,it just requires that more fine tuning go into the final product before release.

I'm aware no route will release totally perfectly but you shouldn't run into major issuse 5 min after you start a new dlc.

When the frist thing after a new route gets added is a long list of technical issues placed on these forums it not going to make many rush to buy the newest route,but a thread on a new route praising how good it is just might.Wouldn't more people buying a new route regular price be better those who will wait for a sale or not buy it at all,because of issues.

There are alot of great routes available that are simply being hindered by technical problems.

I sure everything i just said been said before and unfortunately will be said again by someone else.But if players didn't care then they just say nothing and move on.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Whilst I don’t think I’ll ever know the exact ins and outs of the meetings not shown to us, I definitely think from experience with TSW that issues not the most prevalent or highest degree are forgotten to at best the end of a long list

their are quite major issues that took a lot of time to receive attention like the peninsular corridor sound cut out, (probably due that’s it’s not the latest route so…) or still waiting (the last I checked) issue of no horn sound on Luzern Loco. I honestly put that last one down to the Rarity of rivet updates unless theirs payed content soon releasing.

anything under the secondary tier issues (like a tree what stretches on the line and comes through the cab), I wouldn’t be surprised if theirs a plan of no action in place (just the impression it always gives)

I really think the deadlines thing is destructive, from what I heard Birmingham was a good strong release, but after that and from experience Bremen was released in a state what just shouldn’t have made it out, now for the second time of three Edinburgh Glasgow has now released in the exact similar state, plus audio quality “decisions”.

The way the outlook of TSW is projected from my point of view at this current time is, sales for future content will be hit, and maybe eventually I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the thing that puts the end to the series.

Their seems a never ending list of bugs that people find for every route, now with routes releasing with bugs that in all fairness seems you would have to be blind or have not a single clue what you’re doing to be missed,

if not then it’s coming across as they must see issues and go “it’s not breaking the route, doesn’t matter it’s still releasing tomorrow, if people pick up on it it can go on a list of maybe bother with it”

That along with Microsoft or Sony or other stores seem to care little whether a game is playable or not, just shows companies are free to do this, I think this is reinforced also by how they say “bugs get patched when it’s their turn” but really when will it be the turn for the one or two players who found an issue in something like GWE or RSN, probably never for a lot of cases, especially since their no over power of the company from stores companies or anything to get onto it. That probably applies to many companies of course aswell but still not good…

At the end of the day, routes should not be releasing in such a state where lists of 30-50 bugs are gathered and if you enter the route you can probably find all 50 in 30 minutes.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Might make a decent alternative to the collectible achievements on each route though, encounter all the bugs :D

• Like Like x 3
  4. DmitriSkif

DmitriSkif Active Member

They laugh from you guys so keep buying their DLCs ! ;)

5. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

That's fine but if they keep cranking out the same level of work someday they might have try laughing all the way to the unemployment office.Because if some company kept cranking defective products that business wouldn't last for to long.I dought even DTG most hardcore supporters can take the growing list of technical issues for to long even thou they are trying to stay strong and tough it out for as long as humanly possible.

• Like Like x 3
  6. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

Eat donuts, drink lots of coffee and play with Hornby trainsets

• Like Like x 2
  7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Playing the next tsw lol. They already have it made, they just need to release next year since tsw only seems to last 2 years

• Like Like x 2
  8. DmitriSkif

DmitriSkif Active Member

Oh come on. They didn't fall down since they bougth Kuju's code and made "Train simulator US edition" from cancelled MSTS-2! ;) Don't think they'd ever worrying with your frustration.