What Happened To The Class 220?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cyclone, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I was considering yesterday buying it, and now I noticed today that it's been removed from the store? If I had been aware that was my last chance to buy it, I might have been inclined to pick it up as it's needed for my South Wales Coastal scenario pack.

Granted, it's not a huge loss as I would only miss out on that and the scenarios that came with it, perhaps, so I guess I'll have to substitute the Voyager Advanced into the SWC scenario.

I noticed Cornish Main Line left Steam as well, but I am aware it's still on the Just Trains site.

EDIT: I just read the description, seems it was an Arriva train. I hope a non-branded or different skin is simply being brought out for it. Doesn't explain why Cornish left, though I also have Western Mainlines and would need to get the connector version anyway, so that one would be useless to me.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I would suggest subscribing to at least one of the DTG mailing systems as the announcement was made on all of them

3. Cyclone

Got a link to this?

4. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

5. Cyclone

• Like Like x 1
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Facebook or twitter would have done it. Even some of the train sim related groups on FB had it on.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It was explained somewhere that if the Cornish route was changed to remove the XC Voyager and I think the XC HST repaint then it would break it for those people who had already purchased it.

They might do what they did with the Welsh Marches route, remove the XC content and re-release it.

But if you want the 220 there is always the Voyager pack which IMHO is better than the DTG version

Peter

8. Cyclone

Yeah, I already picked up the Voyager on JT during its discount period. The initial sting in the pocketbook was somewhat eased when I saw it in use on a lot of scenarios in various places, and when I went to make the 220 purchase and found not only did I miss the sale within an hour of it ending, but it was off the store, I was a little mad. Then I realized hey, it's only four scenarios, and the one I already had could use the Voyager, or even the 220 skin based on another train I already have. It won't be accurate for when I record it, but what can you do. (It is only an AI train in that one scenario anyway, the other three are the ones that come with it.)

And per Cornish, I was not concerned about that. The Steam version I believe does not connect to Western Mainlines. I have to get the Extensions Collection, if anything. Trying to wait out a sale on that, but doubt one will happen. That said, I DID finally pick up the 153 as I found the Totham bundle on sale this week, so I now have the two most-used trains on the Western Mainlines quintet. I should be good playing there for a while when I get the extensions, even on the main line. Just have to replace the odd train elsewhere. I own nine items from JT directly now, and debating whether to get a tenth, but that one needs four trains I don't have currently (the fifth I think is the same from Steam).

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020