PC What Is There To Do Once The Scenarios Have Been Played?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 749006, Aug 9, 2019.

1. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I had TS2019 and TSW on a 500GB SSD and I decided to upgrade to a 1TB SSD.
    At the time I only put TS2019 on the new drive and TSW is not installed.

I see the new locos and routes that I can buy for TSW and I consider buying some new DLC but what do you do when you have played the scenarios that come with the route?

No, I'm not in to looking for Collectibles, Route Maps, Newspaper Bundles, Electrical Cabinets and Broken Lights etc.

Peter

2. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

Nothing (without an editor).;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Playing the Services and driving the trains. Thats at least what i do and where i have my fun with. I´ve considered buying TS2019 for my PC since it could handle that game. But given that it just comes with Scenarios i find that pretty boring tbh.

• Like Like x 3
  4. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I think next week, with the release of TSW2020, the whole stuff might be much more structured and clear, what you can do or what you are uo to.

Check out Dovetail Live, there are some screenshots from the new menus.

I have piled up 400 hours playing service mode so I think you should try to groove into this next.

• Like Like x 2
  5. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

Service mode is the heart of TSW. If you've missed that, you've missed the whole thing!

Think of scenarios as being the tutorials that show you everything you need to complete the services. (The nominal tutorials are... well, 'introductory' is perhaps the best word for them.)

When Journeys come in TSW 2020, it looks as though they will provide a nice, logically-organised progression through the various services. This is a big improvement on what we have now, which is just a big, rather unhelpful list.

• Like Like x 3
  6. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

As the others have stated - services! When CSX Heavy Haul first came out and from my experiences with TS201X, like you, I thought scenarios were the main focus. It took me a while to warm to services, but have found them to be very entertaining. Of course it helps having most of the released routes so you have plenty of variety. At least for me, running multiple services in a row on the same route can become tedious. But mixing it up with a switching service, then maybe a commuter run followed by a freight long haul is a great way for me to enjoy the simulation.

• Like Like x 4
  7. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Spawn walk and explore. It's surprisingly fun running around on the tracks

• Like Like x 2
  8. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

You could do a lot of services. I do each day an other service of an other route with an other train.

9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I've often thought of trying this. Please provide some "how to" suggestions, such as how to decide where and when to spawn in and what to do once you're there.

• Like Like x 1