Train Sim World 3 What Is Wrong With The Db 401?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by imnotgreek#2530, Mar 22, 2023.

1. imnotgreek#2530

imnotgreek#2530 Member

I'm trying to use PZB, and I stops me because I started speeding just a little. No biggie, however, I tried doing everything, Turning it off and on, Override, Release, and Acknowledge, using SIFA. And my throttle is still locked. I reset the circuit breaker and reverser. Fully release and charge brakes. NOTHING. Why is resetting PZB impossible? I was doing a scenario, over an hour of my time, I can't even complete it. I'm starting to just hate this game more and more and more and more and more and more. I hate this company. Tutorials aren't enough, and bugs are just a feature now.

2. imnotgreek#2530

imnotgreek#2530 Member

This is why I'm nearly done with these german routes and long scenarios, something goes a little wrong and oops well all satisfaction from completing a lengthy scenario is just destroyed. Dovetail is just awful, and why can't you put an interactive tutorial about PZB (and how to actually reset it) in the game? Is that so hard? Because if that is hard and fixing issues is hard, how is increasing prices and selling liveries not? It's true the more a company grows the less they care about a product.

3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Pzb is difficult to explain in a shortened tutorial. You have to understand the different signal aspects of each route and understand all the rules of pzb like the speed restrictions, different modes and how they affect your max speed, when to acknowledge and what to slow down to in a certain amount of time. People don't have time to sit through an hour long tutorial that you have to do in one sitting. Matt did a whole YouTube PowerPoint presentation and demonstration in the tsw YouTube channel. Benefit is you can pause whenever you want.

If you ever get pzbd, the procedure is to let the train stop, acknowledge and release. For the ice1 specifically, you also have to press a button called hll fill which is towards the right next to one of the gauges until your brake pressure goes back up to normal. Only then will the power apply.

They did explain pzb in a tutorial explaining lxb i believe but that's for slowing down and acknowledging yellow signals and stuff but not recovery. You can also turn on the pzb helper hud in the settings.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

There is an inconspicuous button labeled "HLL Fill", pressing it will reset the emergency brakes and allow you to get moving again. It's on your right-hand side, circled below

upload_2023-3-22_8-18-27.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. imnotgreek#2530

imnotgreek#2530 Member

I can't remember if I pressed both of those or not, I thought I did but maybe not, thank you!

6. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

couldnt find this anywhere - in free roam, if you want to change ends on BR401, and you do what you usually do when doing that, aka setting everything to off, then taking the reverser out, going to the other end... and bam, nothing works :/

7. Labra

Labra Member

You need to press the 'cab change' button on the back wall before changing ends.

• Like Like x 3
  8. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

yep, found that out eventuallay :D and also I found out that when changing ends it helps to engage and disengage the parking brakes anew, for some reason it releases sth that holds the throttle back O:)

9. Gianluca

Gianluca Active Member

For those who want to use Pzb, the best way to learn it, is freight services whit no time to reach destination, i just start yesterday to use it on TSW4 freight services, now i have learned how to use Pzb with Lzb. Normal Hud like TSW3 is best way for understand this system, is similar to UK AWS system but with speed restriction when red signal is coming. The most important thing with Pzb is to slow down when you see one red signal after one green and acknowledge/release when the game told to do it whit normal Hud

10. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I would recommend an ICE service on Koln to practice, it’s not intensive but covers all or nearly all areas of PZB basics, time to destination should give people practice to what every service will require though for those starting out freight may be good call for early days getting used to what it will do, my choice would be Koln-Aachen but either way should be good.

423 on Munich with all safety systems is probably one of the most challenging things to do

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 1