What Is Your General Thoughts On The Nec Route?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tokatails08, Apr 29, 2020.

1. tokatails08

tokatails08 Active Member

I think it’s too short and slow as an express route, it would have have been much better to set it between 2 cities than base it off New York entirely.

Another problem with it is the ATC system makes it near impossible to complete the run being 1. On time and 2. Not emergency braking.

2. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

It's outdated at this point, in my opinion.
    The ACS-64 is wonderfully modelled, but the interior of the locomotive lacks detail (and that cab light burns my retinas!). I especially like the Amtrak cabs though, they looks fantastic. The stainless steel detail, it really shines and glistens in the sun. Have you seen that cafe/dining car? Nice touch!
    The route itself is a challenge to navigate properly when the speeds keep changing on a whim... It just feels rushed.
    But my major gripe is the frame rate when going underground, it totally kills the sense of speed and immersion (I'm playing this on a base Xbox One).
    I also didn't like how 'brown' the route is, it just lacks colour! And the pop-in is very noticeable on this route as well.
    There's just an overall lack of refinement and polish on the NEC.
    I've enjoyed the GP40-2 quite a bit though, and will definitely play some more of it!
    Another thing I didn't like about the route is that there is no Journey mode, everything's done from the timetable.

Those are my general thoughts! Big thumbs up for that beautiful ACS-64 model!

• Like Like x 1