What Is Your Most Preferred Nec Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by adamt9, Oct 23, 2020.

?
  1. Boston-Providence

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Washington-Baltimore

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Old NEC (Newark Airport-New Rochelle)

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. New York-Trenton

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  5. New York-Stamford

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  6. Providence-New London

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. adamt9

adamt9 New Member

With the old NEC from TSW2020 now a thing of the past, and several mentions for an amtrak route being made in the future by DTG, and the new capability for highspeed trains, it seems like a perfect storm for DTG to make a new NEC route for TSW2. With my own preferences in mind, I was wondering what the community wanted to see before anything gets added to the roadmap.

Keeping in mind the limitations of how long a route can be, in terms of time to produce, I have chosen these six routes as potential builds for TSW2. All of them apart from the old NEC and New York-Stamford include high speed. One that I haven't seen suggested yet is Providence-New London which would bring high speed and fantastic waterside scenery as well

Boston-Providence (about 40 miles)
    Washington-Baltimore (about 40 miles)
    The old TSW NEC (New Rochelle-Newark Airport) (about 35 miles)
    New York-Trenton (about 60 miles)
    New York-Stamford (about 40 miles)
    Providence-New London (about 60 miles)

Personally, I would like something different than what was in the first NEC. The old Acela would be a wonderful addition, and running it at high speed would be fantastic. Therefore I would like to see either Washington-Baltimore or Boston-Providence created for TSW2. Both these routes also offer commuter services that could be added later, giving them more capability.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I say NY-Philly.
    The Connecticut section up to NH has a speed limit of what, 90?
    The old nec section has no stops.
    If they add NY-Philly, you also have the option of NJ Transit and SEPTA services as well. Plus a section where you go 125-135 mph.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I hope that DTG's lines in the United States will expand from west to East until the railway lines cover the United States.

Europe I want to drive Eurostar from Germany to London.

After that, there is no need to download the customer service, as long as there is a network, the server can be connected to online services

4. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

NEC is needed. We also need a few freight locos, like a CSX ET44AC, SD70MAC, SD70ACe, or ES40DC/ES44DC/ES44AC for heavy freights and a Genset, GP38-3, SD40-3 or GP60 for switching and locals. For passenger services, an Amtrak Avelia Liberty or Acela Express is necessary, as well as NJT, SEPTA, and Amtrak ACS-64-powered commuter services.
    Also, ditto on the Eurostar route and the cross-country US network.

• Like Like x 1