What The Hell?? Where Is My Account? (save Data Corrupted? More Issues Explained)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Patrick Kolinski, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

image1.JPG image2.JPG
    Good evening guys. After the 1.41 update on PS4 my account deleted or what?? What is going on, i lost all my progress? Anybody have the same issue? Looks like the save data corrupted but how and why? Everything worked fine until the update!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Mine seems ok and I updated too.

Do you have Playstation Plus? Your profile will have a cloud save if you do.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Patrick Kolinski

yes yes i have im trying to recover my data now...hope it will work! ;)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...wow- this is now the second thread I’ve seen on profiles being trashed in 2-3 weeks. As others have mentioned here- back up your profile info, and any other game-state files to the cloud periodically to guard against this (or back up to a local usb drive if you have to). I actually copy *all* of the files that show up as game-state files to my cloud: profile files, saved game files, all of it just to be safe. Good luck moving forward... I understand your frustration.

P.S. I’d open up a ticket for this major issue if you haven’t already.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Patrick Kolinski

Here is a small video of my files on my PS4 ( https://www110.zippyshare.com/v/mCAl7J3Q/file.html )

Can you please help me to choose the correct files to download them and run the load from? Because i tried the combination of them and nothing happened, the corrupted problem goes but can't find any user profile on my game, just to create a new one. :/

Thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Patrick Kolinski

Thank you my friend, maybe can you pass the link of the other guys had the same issue? Maybe he can help me with that, or found any solution, many thanx guys...but yea im so angry now....

• Like Like x 4
  7. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Congratulation! It's not a bug, just a happy little surprise to keep the in-game-thrill.

Please let us know, whether it worked with the backup and the renewed update.

Update-Time it's backup-time :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  8. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

A suggestion. Make a separate profile for each route you own and swap to it when you run that route. A little bit of a chore but that way if you ever suffer from corrupt data you can't retrieve hopefully it'll just be the one profile you loose.

The trouble with the cloud saves are (if on auto save) they keep updating therefore sometimes overwriting good saves with bad. I switch off auto save and do it manually every so often. That way I know there's a good version to access. A USB memory stick back up is also a good idea.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Patrick Kolinski

they already know about the issue,Dmitri said that he checked it... let's see what the main customer support will say...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Railmaster

Be glad you had a backup! I didn't have it and I've been playing for three months now and bought a lot of addons. All the hell!
    Today I only play for fun and for the experience but I don't care about career, points, medals etc. They don't care- I don't care. Why should I take it more seriously than DTG? Mastery doesn't work either. Neither will change anytime soon, and you either make regular backups or find your own meaning in the game. Glue on posters and something, it is probably not ...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Patrick Kolinski

yes sometimes i feel like that, that they only care about the money that can grab and release new and new and new thing not fixing the old....sometimes i feel like you...but to find deleted my account that's shitty...what i can do...i will wait to see if anyone will help me with this. Seems like i have the old saves but i can't choose which i have to check to make the load.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Patrick Kolinski

Nobody can help with that guys...they answer back that is the PS problem so i have to find how to recover things from my HHD....so impossible thing....the really bad thing is that happened inside the game...but anyway...i started the game from zero...finally Mastery started working for me. Hope they gonna make a big FIX for it and not happen again.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Railmaster

Others are always to blame!

The right strategy is now, if a profile is lost, just buy a new addon and have fun with it! Forget the old stuff. And if it happens again, just buy a new add-on, etc. This keeps things flowing and fun not lost. Its a bug-sim-world! With happy nice trains in it. :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

DTG are being disingenuous with this corrupted profiles/saves issue.

There have been a few PS4 threads recently about trashed profiles, coincidence? I doubt it.

I would suggest that it's not a PS4 issue or we would all be getting it, this is a data issue within the game's code on the PS4 version.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Stockton Rails

...was it tech support that said this was a PS4 issue, or was this one of the TrainSim-xxxx folks here at the forums that said that?

Q: Have you ever had any other games, etc on your PS4 where you’ve lost your user profile for those games? If not- and this is the first time you’ve ever had a game profile trashed on your PS4- then I’d say your trashed profile is definitely related to TSW 2020 itself. And frankly with all of the other issues that seem to be surfacing these days with new Train Sim code being rolled out, this is likely just another issue related to poor coding, poor testing (validation), or both.

If you haven’t done it already, I would reach out to one of the TrainSim-xxxx folks here (like TrainSim-Matt) and see if they can get involved and help you out. Be sure to update this thread on how things are going.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Patrick Kolinski

Haha i know how it works, people from "Tickets issue" said all these things below:

Hi Patrick,

We have no control over your PSN data so if it is suddenly not on your system that's something Sony would need to address so have you ensured to contact them?

Please note that PS4's losing save data can occur for a number of reasons including powering down incorrectly as noted in threads like the one below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/9q1h0d/save_game_data_lost/

also this:

All of your data is on your PS4 a device we have no direct control over. I'm not sure why you'd think otherwise.

If you Google PS4 losing save data you'll note that it happens for numerous different reasons none of which specific to Train Sim World or any other particular game.

https://www.easeus.com/resource/fix-corrupt-data-error-on-ps4.html

If you had done so straight away you may have been able to recover any lost or damaged data but as the data has likely now been overwritten it's possibly too late.

Kind Regards,

:cool::cool::cool: When i said that the "crash thing" happened inside the game and not just outside the game nobody answer back and they "closed the ticket"
    I think they don't have a good test team to make all these work correct, a small budget company but with a lovely title that we love....that's life we will be here to support and critic the good and the bad things.

Thank you guys for the support on this post.

17. Stockton Rails

...ridiculous (almost generic) response by them. As you said- this is not profile data related to the PS4 itself, but profile data related to TSW 2020- the game *they* developed. I wouldn't bother with tech support anymore on this issue- I’d personally reach out to TrainSim-Matt to see what he can do for you.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Railmaster

Both the crashes and the lost profiles were created exclusively in the game! And at least for me it makes a difference whether a saved game or an entire profile is lost! It happened to me after the penultimate TSW update! So everything within TSW- not PS4 or Sony!

Since I tend to save a lot, I noticed that a game could not be saved. But then always on the second try. Obviously, this routine is not very secure ...

Without a doubt, the bug is in the TSW code, definitely! And I repeat again - since January, 4 crashes in the game alone! And a lost profile. And I can't buy the new addon. And don't play a mastery either. Apart from a few other bugs and inconsistencies. Everything Sony's fault? OK...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Patrick Kolinski

You right, today on the live stream with Dmitri i said about that they have to fix the base game and then working on new addons...he asked on what fixes im talking exactly...i said 3-4 in a row plus this big problem with the "data corruption" he said that is a problem that he tried to explain but it's seems like is a Sony problem....im done with it, because i know is a horrible situation that they can't fix it. I'm playing now with a new profile....Mastery starting count my progress....but some minutes ago i saw that stopped once again....so i logout-login and nothing...The problem still exist...and the issue is bigger because they can't fix it. THEN i'm starting to feel that they see our profiles/names talking bad about the issues and they are like.....ohhhh bla bla bla all these guys have a problem etc etc etc.......i'm thinking that they gonna block us someday because "we talk too much......" ;););)

20. Patrick Kolinski

Thank you bro....it's not about me, it about to try thinking like a real game company. If you making something make it good, and test it, and re work on it, fix the issues....don't produce new just to sell and sell....i will tell you something more that i heard from the "ticket customer service" i mentioned the polish language ok? Because i'm polish and really want to have the language inside the game to understand better the details...i see that polish language supported on the game...so i have enabled it...the problem is that for example some addons have the language, some not, just english.....so like a real guy who looks for problems i asked on "why you guys didn't translated the full game just some parts...they answer is below:

Not All Add-Ons will be translated into every language.

MSB is available in the following languages as noted on its store pages:

Interface Full Audio Subtitles
    English ✔ ✔ ✔
    French ✔ ✔ ✔
    German ✔ ✔ ✔
    Spanish - Spain ✔ ✔
    Russian ✔ ✔
    Simplified Chinese ✔

Sadly the PSN store does not appear to have a section to indicate which languages an individual Add-On has been translated into so you may need to refer to the Steam store page which has a field for this information.

We have no plans to translate all routes into every language due to the high costs involved.

---------------------------------------------------

Hi Patrick,

We have never advertised that we will translate the game into every language as this would be extremely expensive and due to the game being a niche title a poor investment.

We aim to translate the core game when possible to as many languages as possible but Add-Ons are limited to the key regions it's likely to sell within.

You can find the available languages via the method noted previously if you're unsure.

You can add up the pricing on your platform yourself however it is not our intention that anyone buys all of the content released for TSW much like model railways the intent is to purchase what interests you not every model available.

You clearly seem to confuse DTG with a massive publisher with nearly unlimited funds due to a huge amount of copies sold per title.

However Train Simulation is not a massively reaching product and due to this, we do not have the budget to do things like translating each and every Add-On into every language when the sales are mostly focused in the games 3 key regions of the UK, Germany and the US.

The costs to translate an Add-On into each additional language can be in the thousands and such costs are highly unlikely to be recouped by additional sales.

If you are unhappy with how a niche product works and it's limitations I would suggest sticking to other games as based on your tickets and attitude towards our products you aren't going to be satisfied no matter what we do.

Kind Regards,

So like the other guy said on this post, they don't care about the game at all...the money seems that can control to work half not full in a game....Sorry if somebody from the Dovetail see that post, i know that we critics too much your work guys, but we are customers and we pay for the entire game and the addons....And if a customer pay he want a full product not just or half....aight guys! :love::love::love:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  21. Railmaster

It is normal for me as a German speaker that many popular titles are in English only. Learned it in school and is a good training today. And TSW is not an adventure with a lot of text and spoken language. Perhaps it is possible here that the community can get involved in order to simplify translations or to make them possible in the first place. Not even in German everything is perfect.

The players love TSW and would certainly like to be part of the development, be it ideas, error messages and translations. But that requires communication, an interface. Just complaining about these serious mistakes doesn't help either. It is a dilemma for both of them.

It would be worth a lot to see that developers and community work together constructively so that the future of TSW is secured. Then we all have something from. But DTG really has to deal with these serious mistakes - lost profiles and a miserable mastery really don't work! Especially not if you want to involve third parties.

I am sure that most players would appreciate it if the worst bugs were fixed before new addons appeared - which in turn had a positive effect on their purchase! It seems to me a real turning point here, it just doesn't work! You work for it, we pay for it and in the end it has to work! And with all such serious mistakes in a short time, it must also be clear that you are no longer so benevolent. We do not want an end, but a TSW without end! With many happy trains and less bad mistakes. Guess that will, it must be doable!

And I would like to compliment you very much-
    I never thought that you could actually drive a train with a PS controller! Ok, you can improve it, but it works, it actually works! And you put a lot of effort into it! It's a hell of a lot of fun, so it can only get better! Once the gross mistakes are gone, other addons are a sure-fire success. We'll eat you out of your hand but a little quality has to be easy! Accept this hand or knock it out.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Stockton Rails

...just tossing this out there, for what’s it worth:

I think there’s a lot to like in TSW 2020, and I actually plan on writing some of that up in a new thread fairly soon. But there are clearly some things not going so well for the folks that invest their time and money in this sim- some of those things including code issues that have clearly taken DTG too long to resolve, glaring issues with newly released code (that in some cases prevent you from completing some scenarios)- and obviously even issues that cause the user profile for the sim to be completely trashed- forcing the player to completely start from scratch, after already spending who knows how many hours on the sim.

I applaud everything DTG has got right in this very cool (and fun!) train simulator... I’ve learned *plenty* about being a virtual engineer over the last few weeks since first picking up the sim. But... DTG needs to do their part in addressing and resolving some of the issues affecting their paying customers- and this work clearly falls in their court. That’s my take on it anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Patrick Kolinski

You right guys...let's see only if they want to help/fix all these problems and then work on the next project...we will be here ;)

24. hardeep0607

hardeep0607 New Member

Well, it might happen your PS4 database gets corrupted and therefore you lost all your progress. In this case delete the downloaded PS4 files and then re-download them.

· You can try to initialize the PS4 and this will let you restore the system settings.

· First start your PS4 is safe mode and when you see Safe Mode screen > plugin DualShock 4 controller via USB.

· And press the PS Home button > to turn on your controller.

· Select option #7 option “Initialize PS4 – Reinstall System Software”.

Hope this works for you to fix PS4 corrupted data/database error.

25. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Only 1 year out!

26. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Better late than never hehe