What Were Relay Scenarios?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doomotron, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I have heard about these but I haven't been playing TS for long enough to play them and I'm not sure exactly what they were. Could someone explain it to me? As far as I know they were normal scenarios that were played in stages, with different players completing different sections in sequence - but I could be wrong.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

A number of scenarios were made in the past before routes were joined together
    I remember an East Coast run where you drove in order
    Kings Cross to Peterborough on ECML South
    Peterborough - York on Y2P Modern
    York to Newcastle on Yrk-Ncle Modern
    Newcastle to Edinburgh on the JT route.

The formation of the train used was the same in each section

• Like Like x 1
  3. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

They were a sort of multiplayer content, introduced with TS2013, you'd load up a scenario, drive part of a route, check your score, then you'd save and offer one of your steam friends playing TS to continue the run, and see if their score was better than yours. IIRC they were hyped no end when introduced, then around TS2016/TS2017 they were dropped without much notice

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Just a savegame swapping adventure, nobody really needed that. (Note that a Career savegame cannot be swapped, playing it as a different Steam user your score will be -1000000)

Marias Pass comes with one, Hauling the Harvest Grain which can be played as a normal Standard scenario (it's compatible yes) - but it won't appear in the Drive tab. You have to go to Build>Scenario>Marias Pass>Hauling.., press Edit then Play. Or convert it using TSTools.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Yes, most of the scenarios are still there, there was one for the London Brighton route too I think, and Munich Augsburg (I think Marias Pass, London Brighton and Munich Augsburg were the "default" routes in TS2013)